• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Okay so I have finally morphed an A pose. I'll get this off to MEC4D tomorrow now.

Uberwork563.JPG
Uberwork563a.JPG
Uberwork564.JPG
Uberwork564a.JPG
Uberwork565.JPG
Uberwork565a.JPG

FVerbaas

Motivated
Will she come with a zero A-pose rig? That would be great news!

For MD base there's Angela/Ang2, but the odd 'angel'pose in the air makes her difficult to develop clothing for and the and the hanging legs almost collide. There used to be Scarlet with an 'A-ish' arm pose but sadly abandoned. A new good 'A' posed base figure would be very welome.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Will she come with a zero A-pose rig? That would be great news!

For MD base there's Angela/Ang2, but the odd 'angel'pose in the air makes her difficult to develop clothing for and the and the hanging legs almost collide. There used to be Scarlet with an 'A-ish' arm pose but sadly abandoned. A new good 'A' posed base figure would be very welome.
It's a great idea, I don't know why not. Let me ask Paul to make sure.
I would think we can just include the A Pose with the pose set we'll make available with the base product. I would suppose that would be fine right?

FVerbaas

Motivated
I meant an A-pose rig, actually, like Ang2, Scarlet, oritginal Bella and, why not mention her also, Genesis8. have.
I saw the images for a moment I thought there would be an alternative Dawn2 with A-pose rig. I understand now that is not the case.

There are many good reasons for developing clothing that features sleeves in 'A' pose. That is how most garments are cut in real life. If they would be cut them in 'T' pose you would end up with a large ball of fabric under the arm pits in the lower arm positions that are most frequent. In real life that is uncomfortable unless the fabric is very stretchy. In dynamic clothing that ball of facets is a sure receipe for trouble and slow performance. Conformers in T pose have huge distortion on the shoulders.

An old Sway I made, based on Bella in the Beta days of A-pose, explains some aspects.
There also is a pdf for those who prefer that format, but it looks less good.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
*cough, would also be easier to create clones for Dawn 2 so that Gen8's clothes can be transfered in DS. I know you can't create them but users can and if it is easier they will be able to leverage their wardrobes from Gen8 to use with her.

I really hope that this Dawn will come with complete clothing templates including a knee length dress as it will be easier for DS vendors to create clothing for her.

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
It's a great idea, I don't know why not. Let me ask Paul to make sure.
I would think we can just include the A Pose with the pose set we'll make available with the base product. I would suppose that would be fine right?
This mean a figure that is rigged in A pose in place of the standard T pose ( additional rig for the creators ) why? so we don't need to create reverse deformations after creating clothing using A pose. What I would do is set Dawn2 in A pose and save it as new figure and use it for future clothing work to skip the extra work. Once the Dawn2 rig is ready it would be easy for Paul to do that. Why? because the clothing created in A pose need to be rigged with A pose . It would make easier job for everyone .
That was the major reason I ask you for A pose so I can do that later myself while continue work at this moment before the rig was done

Last edited:

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
If everybody complains about the A pose, why hasn't it been adopted yet? Why not take a poll and see what the vendors think?
It is not much about complaining , it is about improving , and it is adopted by other figures many of us use like for example Genesis.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Speaking as an end user here, I remember that Dawn and G2F could use each other's pose sets fairly easily. Can't say whether hijacking another figure's pose sets is the done thing or not, but if it worked, I'm sure that there are users who would be thankful.