• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Finger Thickness morph.

Uberwork554.JPG

Dawn 2 Base

Uberwork555.JPG

Finger Thickness

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
@Chris I'm wondering, not sure if it's been answered previously but will clothing made for Dawn 1 work with Dawn 2 without using something like autofollow?

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Hi Chris , nice to see you again in action and I hope you doing well, regarding your question , there is a lot of programs that can do that automatic as long both models have the same material zones so you not running in a problem loading the textures later into the rigged model , so if Dawn2 has the same material zones as Dawn1 it is a copy and paste job and more accurate than hand made process, you can also transfer textures of Dawn1 to Dawn2 new UVs if both models have the same amount of vertices but the process is not 100% accurate.

I know you love to torture yourself as an Artist as that give you the inspiration and a lot of fun ,so good luck :) looking forward to the final product, as I am going to seriously messing up with it ( in the positive way ) after you finally get bored and release it lol, I know true Artist's work is never done :)

Peace & Light
Cath

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Hi Chris , nice to see you again in action and I hope you doing well, regarding your question , there is a lot of programs that can do that automatic as long both models have the same material zones so you not running in a problem loading the textures later into the rigged model , so if Dawn2 has the same material zones as Dawn1 it is a copy and paste job and more accurate than hand made process, you can also transfer textures of Dawn1 to Dawn2 new UVs if both models have the same amount of vertices but the process is not 100% accurate.

I know you love to torture yourself as an Artist as that give you the inspiration and a lot of fun ,so good luck :) looking forward to the final product, as I am going to seriously messing up with it ( in the positive way ) after you finally get bored and release it lol, I know true Artist's work is never done :)

Peace & Light
Cath
Wow, now there is a blast from the past. Cath, so good to see you checking in on us. We look forward to seeing you "seriously messing up with it" in the not too distant future.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
My face smiling when I cry .. my mouth goes in the wrong direction lol
Chris ! I wish for Christmas OBJ of Dawn 2 .. pretty please ! to start modeling some base clothing and stuff !

AnimaGemini

Living in the clouds
Contributing Artist
Call me weird ,but I hate Sundays :oops:

@Chris , I was hoping too for her for Christmas. But take you time with her. Better to release her later than in a rush and have to correct errors later.
What I can see so far, she will be awesome. :)

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
@Chris , thank you , obj would be just enough for now , I want to make something super special and that would take some time before it is ready for rigging.
You can reach me at mec4donline @ gmail.com , my universal e-mail, or Dropbox at office @ mec4d.net (without spaces of course)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
@Chris , thank you , obj would be just enough for now , I want to make something super special and that would take some time before it is ready for rigging.
You can reach me at mec4donline @ gmail.com , my universal e-mail, or Dropbox at office @ mec4d.net (without spaces of course)

Just saw this. I'll get you an OBJ this weekend. I need to get Satira a fresh one too.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Just saw this. I'll get you an OBJ this weekend. I need to get Satira a fresh one too.
Can you send one in the original T-Pose and the other in A-Pose for clothing creations ? I use dynamic tools in Zbrush for clothing making and T-Pose not really works well with my workflow . Thank you in advance @Chris