• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
WOOT!!!! Fantastic Paul. Adding those bones to the eyelashes are going to make a huuuge difference for setting up facial expressions. :D

I'm loving everything you showed us in this video. I can't wait to get my grubby hands on her. ;)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I am more thinking on the benefits of eyelid bones when making character face morphs, which always require eye closing morph corrections.

DanaTA

Distinguished
What about the wink of an eye? Every time I see a render where someone says the person is winking, it looks like a dead closed eye, or sleeping closed eye. When we wink, it involved the cheek and corner of the mouth to some degree. Without those things included, it just looks creepy rather than like a mischievous wink. Is this something that can be done?

Dana

CG Cubed

Technical Director
Staff member
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Absolutely! Once I get the lower lid and eyelashes rigged as well as the nasolabial fold , we will be able to do a more believable wink. On a side note, Dawn SE does have a wink morph that does as you describe. I just don’t remember which add on it was in.

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
What about the wink of an eye? Every time I see a render where someone says the person is winking, it looks like a dead closed eye, or sleeping closed eye. When we wink, it involved the cheek and corner of the mouth to some degree. Without those things included, it just looks creepy rather than like a mischievous wink. Is this something that can be done?

Dana
That why you have a facial rigging to set up the wink you want .. just move the parameters to do it, think here about the bones as an Individual muscles

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I am more thinking on the benefits of eyelid bones when making character face morphs, which always require eye closing morph corrections.
Not only that, also lips etc.. base facial morphs always requires morph correction with new face shapes it is so much work when you want to go out the box with your character, this will solve the issues and save huge on the time . So happy about it !

Facial expressions finally becomes simple pose presets !

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Hey Paul. GREAT work man. WOW.

Question and I've asked this before but sometimes priorities change so hoping this one is still going to happen. When you get to the Dusk rig will these bones now allow for facial hair and brows to conform and move along with these new bones without having to jump through hoops to get expressions to work with facial hair or facial conformers?

Thanks so much Paul!

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Hey Paul. GREAT work man. WOW.

Question and I've asked this before but sometimes priorities change so hoping this one is still going to happen. When you get to the Dusk rig will these bones now allow for facial hair and brows to conform and move along with these new bones without having to jump through hoops to get expressions to work with facial hair or facial conformers?

Thanks so much Paul!
Hi Rich , not Paul here but I was doing it 1000 times.....the facial hair need to be rigged to the new facial bones to move around but the hair can lose it shape and get messy, that why you need to rig stubble only as I made it with unshaven to make it works. On top you need to provide clone of each facial morph for the facial hair as some people may use facial morphs provided by Chris for the base , it is a lot of work in Poser , but DS can generate the morphs automatically while rigging .

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Oh, I know about rigging the facial hair but in the old Dusk you had to also transfer and test EVERY SINGLE expression, mouth and well everything having to do wit the face. When Genesis finally released it's facial chip version and I created a conformer beard I didn't have to add anything else, it just worked as expected. Same with L'Homme so hopefully this will work similarly with Dusk 2.0

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Oh, I know about rigging the facial hair but in the old Dusk you had to also transfer and test EVERY SINGLE expression, mouth and well everything having to do wit the face. When Genesis finally released it's facial chip version and I created a conformer beard I didn't have to add anything else, it just worked as expected. Same with L'Homme so hopefully this will work similarly with Dusk 2.0
If you want that people use the facial expressions morphs that Chris made with your beard then you have to do the same as for old Dusk , if you do just for the facial rigging then not.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Personally, I rather have expression morphs AND the face rig to use together than just one OR the other.
If you have a custom shape character the base expressions usually not working correctly and need to be replaced anyway. But that not bad thing because you can make custom morph expression that face Rigging can't recreate. Like dimples while smiling ;)