• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

CG Cubed

Technical Director
Staff member
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Well, everyone is in luck...Dawn 2 and Dusk 2 with have both the face rig and additional morphs. Answering the question, yes, facial hair will act just like conforming clothes and you can decide if you want to support any morphs, but it will work without them.

Carey

Extraordinary
If you have a custom shape character the base expressions usually not working correctly and need to be replaced anyway. But that not bad thing because you can make custom morph expression that face Rigging can't recreate. Like dimples while smiling ;)
I don't know what part of the conversation I am horning in on, but I am the comic relief...I hate pretty people!!! give me a hairy mole, a nose like a hawk, a face in really bad need of ironing, big bug eyes, little cracks for eyes. give me people with character and inner beautiy or the ability to create one

Hornet3d

Wise
I don't know what part of the conversation I am horning in on, but I am the comic relief...I hate pretty people!!! give me a hairy mole, a nose like a hawk, a face in really bad need of ironing, big bug eyes, little cracks for eyes. give me people with character and inner beautiy or the ability to create one

Each to their own I guess, I never like seeing people suffer after a massive storm but I really do get a buzz from seeing really stormy weather. Does make me think though just how many people would buy a character that looked like the one you describe out of the box, mind you I think I would so that would be two of us.

Carey

Extraordinary
Each to their own I guess, I never like seeing people suffer after a massive storm but I really do get a buzz from seeing really stormy weather. Does make me think though just how many people would buy a character that looked like the one you describe out of the box, mind you I think I would so that would be two of us.
believe me I jump at the chance to purchase any model that shows even a touch of character.. Course, yes I am going a different direction.. I am scene building on the cheap, I need a city of fat ones, skinny ones even ones that walk....tall ones. short ones, even ones that have the pox...If they like hot dogs, great ball park hot dogs...lol... Well you get the idea

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
You should drop to my thread and say so, give me some time I just started , personally I don't believe in beauty or ugliness , I am all about human forms and any forms as long it stays in a range . I still have not the abilities to rig any shapes yet , once the setup by HW is complete I can do what is desired. Once I created my base gene pool according to Golden Ratio , I can go in any directions.
Also with the facial rigging Paul is doing, you can create amazing variations of people, you see once character is out of golden proportions it is not easy to make it into anything else, but having a proper Golden Ratio base allows you to go where you want. A lot of things will be here soon, I wish the day was longer than 24H , I still have to make dinner for my family between , the days I was working on computer for over 16h are over for me lol so please be patient and next time drop into my thread with suggestions, I don't bite , this one here is a showcase for Chris and Paul and related to their work.
Thanks
Cath

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Well, everyone is in luck...Dawn 2 and Dusk 2 with have both the face rig and additional morphs. Answering the question, yes, facial hair will act just like conforming clothes and you can decide if you want to support any morphs, but it will work without them.
THANK YOU for confirmation Paul! YAY

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Here is an update on the face rig. Just a few more bones and weights to go before I wrap it up.

Loving this work Paul! Wow, amazing stuff! This facial rig work will be soooo valuable for a huge amount of flexibility. I'm impressed. I can see why folks are hungry for this to be made available.

That eyelash rig working on it's own is awesome! So cool.

Tempesta3d

Crazy Cat Lady
Contributing Artist
Chris, I totally cannot wait to create for her!
I miss the time spent here, my "other 3d family", you all were nothing but amazing and always so kind and sweet and encouraging. I am so excited to see you in Rendo <3 soon and I have always loved and shared your credo about Art and admired the way you respect each one of us.
You are a rare gem in a world often too busy becoming just "business".

Oh, and you also inspired me restarting my weight training, gosh you rock (you are possibly even more hyperactive than me!) I will be busy now that we are restarting another strict lockdown, time to get some good sweat! :D
Whenever I feel tired I will picture that gorilla chasing me too!

Tempesta3d

Crazy Cat Lady
Contributing Artist
Miss B you are way too kind, I am still messing around, but oh it's such fun with Dawn, Bee Team surely know how to make things easy for me, making always the best figures.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Chris, I totally cannot wait to create for her!
I miss the time spent here, my "other 3d family", you all were nothing but amazing and always so kind and sweet and encouraging. I am so excited to see you in Rendo <3 soon and I have always loved and shared your credo about Art and admired the way you respect each one of us.
You are a rare gem in a world often too busy becoming just "business".

Oh, and you also inspired me restarting my weight training, gosh you rock (you are possibly even more hyperactive than me!) I will be busy now that we are restarting another strict lockdown, time to get some good sweat! :D
Whenever I feel tired I will picture that gorilla chasing me too!

So good to see you here again and commenting. Like Cath you too are very prolific with your characters and texture map work. If you like I can get you OBJ's of Dawn 2 and Dusk 2 in base T pose and an A pose as well for you to start working with and getting ideas for. Just email me at chris@hivewire3d.com.

Paul is getting much closer to having a solid rig for Dawn 2 to help you in your content creation.

I heard today that Italy is on lockdown again for the 3rd time. Hoping all is well with you and wish you well with good health and good sweat.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
To other interested content creators, if you'd like to begin creating for Da2 and Du2 let me know and we can get you going. If you've already signed a HiveWire NDA then you'd be good to go, and if not I can provide interested artists with one.

Tempesta3d

Crazy Cat Lady
Contributing Artist
So good to see you here again and commenting. Like Cath you too are very prolific with your characters and texture map work. If you like I can get you OBJ's of Dawn 2 and Dusk 2 in base T pose and an A pose as well for you to start working with and getting ideas for. Just email me at chris@hivewire3d.com.

Paul is getting much closer to having a solid rig for Dawn 2 to help you in your content creation.

I heard today that Italy is on lockdown again for the 3rd time. Hoping all is well with you and wish you well with good health and good sweat.
Chris, I am actually a Bee virtual stalker, I was often here, often for me at least, I usually avoid forums but here they never turn nasty and are just friendly and helpful.

Oh wow, I am honored, will definately mail you, feel like Xmas morning now!

Yes, the numbers here are awful again, it was like a miracle to have my nephew in school from september and a sort of normal life until now, we are back to last springtime again and monday will be all closed at home again. At least I will have my hands and mind busy with the splendid Dawn2 :balloon03:

Hornet3d

Wise
Chris, I am actually a Bee virtual stalker, I was often here, often for me at least, I usually avoid forums but here they never turn nasty and are just friendly and helpful.

Oh wow, I am honored, will definately mail you, feel like Xmas morning now!

Yes, the numbers here are awful again, it was like a miracle to have my nephew in school from september and a sort of normal life until now, we are back to last springtime again and monday will be all closed at home again. At least I will have my hands and mind busy with the splendid Dawn2 :balloon03:

It is great to hear you are on board I will get my credit card warmed up. I hope you and your family stay safe and stay well.

I am based in the UK and luckily I have had my first vaccine jab with a second, now in ten weeks. My wife is having her first today, a couple of weeks after me but that is the penalty she pays for being younger than me.

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
I can create some set of morphs for the future that will allow people to create own unique looks. That's the best option in this case, unique and creative at the same time.

Tempesta3d

Crazy Cat Lady
Contributing Artist
It is great to hear you are on board I will get my credit card warmed up. I hope you and your family stay safe and stay well.

I am based in the UK and luckily I have had my first vaccine jab with a second, now in ten weeks. My wife is having her first today, a couple of weeks after me but that is the penalty she pays for being younger than me.
Awww, thank you so much for your words!

I am so happy you did it!!!!!!!!

It seems I am still too healthy or young and totally useless for society to get the vaccine yet :notworthy: :eek: I am never in the right category for anything... I am happy (and envy, I admit) that also here I know many people who got already fully vaccinated but they are all teachers or doctors, nurses, my dentist, in the police or army... I may get mine when the covid will be out of fashion :D