• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I think I followed a thread that touched on some of it. I remember something with a lot of Egyptian characters. In any case, "stunning" was the word that came to mind.

Can't wait to get my hands on her mesh. That doesn't sound dirty, does it? And obviously, I will have to wait.

Remember The Mummy movies? After seeing Mec4D's Nefertiti for Dawn2, now we all know these people can really come back to life.

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
I think you are onto something.
Well people have just a little idea what Chris did to begin with, a perfect "canvas" for my "paintings".
I could not believe how well D2 is easy to work with and not waste of my time trying, it is hard to explain but imagine Chris produced the best clay to sculpt with , the perfect foundation ! not for the first time ..
I am fast when I am inspired .
It is almost 23 years of my digital work in this section and as Chris I have my own long experiences in this field .
And as I said before , 2021 is the year for D2 to shine ! because here is a great team with specific skills to make it happen and we all depends on each other , it would be great to have more skilled artists to help , but I am sure they will come soon , you will remember my words.

And to be clear, I am doing it all by myself 12h a day , I am dedicated , motivated and know what I am doing , just passion for 3D!
Nothing wrong with that ! I am not the best, but I do the best I can , as I want D2 to succeed better than ever before and please our community with unique work of Art.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Well people have just a little idea what Chris did to begin with, a perfect "canvas" for my "paintings".
I could not believe how well D2 is easy to work with and not waste of my time trying, it is hard to explain but imagine Chris produced the best clay to sculpt with , the perfect foundation ! not for the first time ..
I am fast when I am inspired .
It is almost 23 years of my digital work in this section and as Chris I have my own long experiences in this field .
And as I said before , 2021 is the year for D2 to shine ! because here is a great team with specific skills to make it happen and we all depends on each other , it would be great to have more skilled artists to help , but I am sure they will come soon , you will remember my words.

And to be clear, I am doing it all by myself 12h a day , I am dedicated , motivated and know what I am doing , just passion for 3D!
Nothing wrong with that ! I am not the best, but I do the best I can , as I want D2 to succeed better than ever before and please our community with unique work of Art.

We do have a history together for sure, back to before Dan and I started DAZ, clear back to Zygote.

You have a unique talent, skill set, and even a gift. I do know what it's like when you allow the muse to drive and take control. When you get on a roll you just want to keep creating.

So happy to see you on a roll.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
We do have a history together for sure, back to before Dan and I started DAZ, clear back to Zygote.

You have a unique talent, skill set, and even a gift. I do know what it's like when you allow the muse to drive and take control. When you get on a roll you just want to keep creating.

So happy to see you on a roll.
Thats is exactly what it is , magical power of the muse !

Yes old Zygote times ! and so much passion for 3D Art.
I still have somewhere my old DAZ jacket that you guys made after formation of DAZ.

Thank you Chris for all the inspirations over all those years !

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
We feel confident Dawn 2 and Dusk 2 will be quite special, maybe even spectacular. With early support from content creators like Ken K. and Cath/MEC4D, they certainly have potential to have a solid impact. Who knows, with enough interest from content creators D2's could change things.
As far as timing, we are very close to Paul having his amazing rigging ready for final beta for Dawn 2. At that time we will welcome all artists who would like to consider creating for her. In fact we will proactively seek out artists.

I know I will be creating poses for them. I have money set aside for them. :D

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
How does one become part of the beta?

I have a few things I'd like to make with her and for her.

Plus, shopping spree. Can't travel yet. Can still shop.

I am curious about the beta as well.

You need to write directly to Chris
The beta is not finished yet , not much you can do with it right now unless you want to premake morphs ,clothing or textures, but no setup possible until final beta arrive.
It would be better to wait for the fully functional Beta version , I am right now in a stage where I need it as well to move forward.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Paul said the next beta will include a DawnSE clone, so I am also waiting for that to start bringing my morphs to the new Dawn. The facial rig is also incomplete, so I can only go so far with the RigControl tool. Better wait for a more finished version, like Cath said.

ShvrDavid

Motivated
You need to write directly to Chris
The beta is not finished yet , not much you can do with it right now unless you want to premake morphs ,clothing or textures, but no setup possible until final beta arrive.
It would be better to wait for the fully functional Beta version , I am right now in a stage where I need it as well to move forward.
Ok, thanks

unreal

Noteworthy
Having created face rigging expression packs for Pauline and La Femme, I think the hardest expression to do is a nice smile. That just requires a morph.
+1000

That was what I referring to (obliquely). I don't want to criticize La Femme. A lot of work went into her. There's just something about la femme's face mesh and rigging that makes it very difficult. I've tried to get a nice soft smile and, depending on subtle lighting or camera angle, it turns into some sort of rictus face. Part of it seems to be the default shape of her face, especially her lips. Very difficult to "tune out". Another seems to be the resolution and distribution of her face mesh. This is one of the two major things that has me keenly interested in Dawn 2. Keenly!

Ken is writing a GUI to make the facial rig easier to use? Because, having to turn the La Femme controls on and off, and how distracting they are, when visible, really makes them hard to use. And their sensitivity, min, and max doesn't seem at all appropriate for their effect. Plus, the hoops (in Poser) to make them symmetric. Hopefully, Poser dev team will catch their GUI up to contemporary rigged figures.