• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm not sure either, @Miss B, but I'm asking now because this is probably the only chance I'll get before it's a moot point. If we can get these included now, we won't have to hope that someone will provide it later.
True, and if it is possible, that would certainly be an advantage.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
The original Dawn had this morph, but it doesn't help as much as I thought it would when using character morphs, because the shape is different and will need adjustment anyway. Even if the outfit included morphs for that, it would only work 100% with the default body shape or specific character. In THIS RENDER I have used the morph brush to straighten up the cleavage, and AFAIK, this is the only way to remove the shrink wrap generated from copying body morphs to clothing.

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Would cleavage reduction be more successful if the morph is available in the main character rather than as an add-on? When Dawn 2 wears sweaters or tight jeans I'd like for them to fit realistically rather than shrink-wrapped.
Sickleyield and Zev0 have provided fix morphs for Genesis, but they are often less than perfect. But if Dawn 2 had bridges available between her breasts and buttocks out of the box, would that provide the realism I seek?
The D2F breast are movable in any position with the rigging, in bra style up down whatever , you don't need a morph , you can put them closer or apart as you need, the clothing designer should do the proper clothing including the proper cleavage pose to go with.
Unless your idea is to fix old clothing that was created incorrectly . But remember that the base figure breasts are not in a bra position be default

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Funny you should mention that @xyer0 as one of the vendors at Renderosity made a big deal of including a clothing morph to have the tops fit it realistically. I also don't like the shrink-wrapped look.

Whether something like that can actually be added to the character, instead of each clothing piece, would be nice, but I'm not sure if it can.
I think the suit morph Chris made could be used to fix the issue in some clothing .

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I think the suit morph Chris made could be used to fix the issue in some clothing .

I have tried that with the original Dawn, but that was controlled with morphs, and now it's with bones. It didn't work so well with morphs, but maybe it would with bones? I don't know. In DawnSE, that morph was called BreastCleavageSmooth, and it didn't work so well when 3rd party body morphs were used. There were always creases caused by differences in breast shape in different body morphs. Depending on how different the breast shape was, the smoothing morph would be useless. That's what I found out in my personal experience.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thanks, @Ken1171 & @MEC4D, for the insider tips. Now, what about the backside/glutes? Is there a morph/method to de-crackify them, to borrow Shae's term?

The original Dawn has a morph called "BodySuit" that eliminates both cleavage and backside crease to make it look like she was wearing something. I guess that addresses both questions you were bringing up? I am sure D2F will have it too.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Chris just made one for D2M , so that what I referred too early the "BodySuit" morph .. but it will works on when using original D2M or D2F body shape , ant custom morph of the full body will not works with that if the areas was edited in the custom body morph. As Ken stated it will create some artifacts .

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'm working on poses for Dawn 2 now, and while I absolutely love the addition of the Left and Right Metatarsals, I so miss Chest 2 and Neck 2. Neck 2 was especially helpful.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I'm working on poses for Dawn 2 now, and while I absolutely love the addition of the Left and Right Metatarsals, I so miss Chest 2 and Neck 2. Neck 2 was especially helpful.

The metatarsal bones were my personal request, so I love them as well. But my experience was the opposite of yours with making conforming clothes and body sculpts, where Chest2 and Neck2 were a hindrance. I am much happier with a 1-piece chest and neck. I can say the same about hands and head now being a single piece as well. The extra bones are still there, but they don't need to be a group to be useful. Having a single toe group also makes shoes grouping and rigging much easier now, and the individual toes can still be posed.

If we think about it, V4 shares many of these treats, and she is still the most supported and beloved figure in this market. Looking back on what has succeeded in the long run, I believe D2F has all the right ingredients in this new design.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I find sometimes Neck1 actually interferes with clothing, particularly when the neck is twisted. So, I prefer to set Neck1 to a smaller setting and do the "heavy" lifting with Neck 2.

In converting poses I created for Dawn SE, I'm finding the lack of a Neck 2 and Chest 2 a bit awkward. It probably wouldn't be as big an issue except the product I'm working on has poses for both Dawn SE and Dawn 2.0, and I want them to look as much the same as possible. It does help that Dawn 2's head has more of a range of motion than Dawn SE's, so while Dawn 2's Neck 1 has less of a range of motion than Dawn SE's combined Neck 1 and Neck 2, the additional range of motion with Dawn 2's Head is a definite plus.

I definitely love Dawn 2.0. Don't get me wrong! It's just a matter of getting used to the differences.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I definitely have to get used to the new grouping and skeleton. I have used mostly DawnSE for the last 7 years, so I know her so well. If you believe Dawn2's neck could have more movement range, just let Paul know in the dev thread. Her rigging is still being fine tuned, and there is still time to make her even better. :)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I haven't used any other figure since 2013. Which isn't to say I didn't take a look at La Femme, but unless someone finds a way to magically add another 12 hours or more to each day, I don't have the time or energy to work with another figure. Especially, one that didn't appeal to me immediately. Now, once I retire (October 2022 is my target date, as that's when I turn 70), I will have oodles of time to explore all kinds of things!

I'm happy with the Neck limits, now that I found the Head limits are increased.

The toes still have issues. The Index Toe and Middle Toe, as well as some of the added toe parts are not working yet. But I expect those will be fixed in the next beta,

unreal

Noteworthy
Would cleavage reduction be more successful if the morph is available in the main character rather than as an add-on? When Dawn 2 wears sweaters or tight jeans I'd like for them to fit realistically rather than shrink-wrapped.
Sickleyield and Zev0 have provided fix morphs for Genesis, but they are often less than perfect. But if Dawn 2 had bridges available between her breasts and buttocks out of the box, would that provide the realism I seek?
I think a set of "second skin" morphs would be handy. Assuming Poser had micro displacement for superfly (future feature), or that it handled shadows in superfly displacement correctly (p12 bug, I think), a lot of stuff could be handled using those morphs. Basic underwear, leotards, tights, leggings, athletic shorts. Including a "sock morph" or toe-cap would be sweet. You could use displacement map for the thickness and hems and you're set. Like the leggings from hamleon.

For non-second skin, the morphs should be in the clothing item. Like for semi-transparent top. You don't want the body to have the morph, just the cloth.

Maybe they also belong in an HR cloth dev rig, like what La Femme has.

I think that with a figure, any scripts, rigs, meshes, workflows, textures, etc. that can help developers more easily produce products for the figure are a necessity.

If a person could mesh/sculpt a mesh blender, then rig it very quickly in Poser and DS, more products will happen quicker. There's only about a bajillion products for V4 that are good meshes but a PITA to rig for a new figure. I'd be perfectly willing to buy "new" (updated) things that are for Dawn 2, with superfly/iray mats, so long as they move nicely with Dawn2. Make that easy for vendors, which makes it easy for consumers! :)

That's what always tanks a figure: a less than critical mass of products. A function of market size and how much effort it takes to make. Dawn 2, being the successor to V4 (1. cross platform, 2. state of the art, 3. more than a single supporting store) has that potential. Exciting O.O

xyer0

Brilliant
If a person could mesh/sculpt a mesh blender, then rig it very quickly in Poser and DS, more products will happen quicker. There's only about a bajillion products for V4 that are good meshes but a PITA to rig for a new figure. I'd be perfectly willing to buy "new" (updated) things that are for Dawn 2, with superfly/iray mats, so long as they move nicely with Dawn2. Make that easy for vendors, which makes it easy for consumers! :)

That's what always tanks a figure: a less than critical mass of products. A function of market size and how much effort it takes to make. Dawn 2, being the successor to V4 (1. cross platform, 2. state of the art, 3. more than a single supporting store) has that potential. Exciting O.O
I don't know if you saw that Ken1171 & MEC4D pointed out that Chris made a bodysuit morph that's included with D2F which answers my question by bridging the cleavage of breasts and buttocks (although it reportedly has diminishing returns the further the body morph moves from the base morph).

I'm excited as well about D2FM's potential, but the artists I've talked to say they're waiting for the release. That troubles me because I'd like for artists to take the plunge now in order to exalt D2FM from the onset.
I'm nobody, but if I weren't, I'd proactively gift pre-release D2FM to certain trusted vendors so they could consider creating content and have it ready. Of course, that is a human idea, and it may not be the ideal method of propagation at all. But I'm persuaded that momentum and inertia are very important for D2FM's success, especially with the counterintelligence campaign that is still ongoing.
Figures of this high quality only need a steady flow of new, quality gear and promos to take their rightful place.

And not enough (virtually nothing, really) is made of / mentioned by Hivewire3D about Chris being the OG of this whole viable realistic morphing figure shebang. I can understand novices having no knowledge of his story, but his story is our history. This is a marketing coup that cannot be bought, but it's already owned!
Cath (MEC4D) proves that you can be stunning and slick without losing yoursoul and simplicity. I'd like to see HW3D do the same.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I think HiveWire 3D most definitely proved it's possible to be stunning and slick without losing your soul or simplicity. Not to mention being able to support both Poser and the DAZ Studio Genesis platform with figures that are native to either software. Not a thing has been released (or is in development) by HiveWire that I don't consider to be amazing.

Any content provider interested in creating content for Dawn 2.0 (and Dusk 2.0 when he is ready) should contact Chris. He has provided beta versions of Dawn 2.0 on request to content providers.

I'm not always aware of all the acronyms and abbreviations people use, but Chris is an Original Gangster (OG)?!? Well, we have seen him in a Zoot Suit and as a Viking, so maybe he was a gangster in another life. I just can't see it though.

I'm just a fanboi. Or would that be fan·gurl, or perhaps fanbag or fanhag? But not fangran.

xyer0

Brilliant
I think HiveWire 3D most definitely proved it's possible to be stunning and slick without losing your soul or simplicity. Not to mention being able to support both Poser and the DAZ Studio Genesis platform with figures that are native to either software. Not a thing has been released (or is in development) by HiveWire that I don't consider to be amazing.
Indeed HW3D has proven slick & stunning are compatible with integrity and simplicity, but I meant---though I neglected to write it---"in the launch of D2FM." Please pardon my omission. :oops:

I'm saying Chris is the OG of this 3D figure market, don'cha know (and of course you do). :geek: