• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I don't know Dak, as I rarely shrug my shoulders that far up. I think Chris was showing the most extreme amount, so shrugging half that amount might not need work on the Trapezius.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Maybe just a little trap work? Since that is what pulls the shoulders up in the shrug. But, maybe it differs between male/female and how muscled someone is? I'm not sure, I would have to see some various folks doing it! lol
I Googled "Women Shrugging" and saw tons of photos, and none seemed to have a drastic dip, but it was tough to tell for sure because of long hair or clothing or hands raised blocking the view. I gave up.

Dana

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
In many of the photos, the women aren't even raising their shoulders.

This is the BEST photo of a shrug

1619716993342.png

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Maybe just a little trap work? Since that is what pulls the shoulders up in the shrug. But, maybe it differs between male/female and how muscled someone is? I'm not sure, I would have to see some various folks doing it! lol
I would not worry, it is just JCM, you don't need to go that high , I can shrug my shoulders and touch my ears with my shoulder join and I have long neck, my hubby not even half way and his trap muscle is huge .
When you shrug the shoulder blades moving up also . Shrug is difficult in 3d models because there is no parameter Y to pose the shoulder join UP,
all you can do is bending the shoulder up and the arm down using no limits.

The gap between the neck and the shoulder is little too wide , the higher part if the trap muscle need to flex up a little bit like I did in the picture below, but again I would not even wanted to go that high with posing .
The neck muscle do not change , so there should be just a wrinkle between the neck and shoulder and minimal wide of the gap

The most important JCM work here is the armpit area.
Look on the preview Chris posted and hide the not edited part with your hand and look only on the edited, you will see a better preview

I illustrated below what I am talking about , it is a very tricky area to work with, not easy when rigging .
the orange area is Trap-muscle what have 2 parts upper and lower.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-04-29 045650.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-29 045650.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 136
  • Screenshot 2021-04-29 0456502.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-04-29 0456502.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I don't think the second beta testing has been done. CAs have gotten the base Dawn 2 to work with so they can start creating products for her. That way the products will be ready when she hits the store, as the saying goes. ;)
I was wondering how Satira was doing poses if she's not rigged

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
I was wondering how Satira was doing poses if she's not rigged
the rigging is not complete so she may have to edit the poses after final rigging version, but it may not affect as much the body, the face rig definitely not ready to make any expression poses yet in this version.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Yah he sent me a copy before there was any rigging. I lost his email so am hoping he'll see it here.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I would not worry, it is just JCM, you don't need to go that high , I can shrug my shoulders and touch my ears with my shoulder join and I have long neck, my hubby not even half way and his trap muscle is huge .
When you shrug the shoulder blades moving up also . Shrug is difficult in 3d models because there is no parameter Y to pose the shoulder join UP,
all you can do is bending the shoulder up and the arm down using no limits.

The gap between the neck and the shoulder is little too wide , the higher part if the trap muscle need to flex up a little bit like I did in the picture below, but again I would not even wanted to go that high with posing .
The neck muscle do not change , so there should be just a wrinkle between the neck and shoulder and minimal wide of the gap

The most important JCM work here is the armpit area.
Look on the preview Chris posted and hide the not edited part with your hand and look only on the edited, you will see a better preview

I illustrated below what I am talking about , it is a very tricky area to work with, not easy when rigging .
the orange area is Trap-muscle what have 2 parts upper and lower.
Thank you for the explanation! That makes a lot of sense. I really appreciate your knowledge and experience and ability to show it to make it understandable!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Here is the Thigh Twist Side JCM fix. Again the adjustment and reshaping I did to the left leg, and Paul will have to mirror it over to the right side as well.

Notice the quadricep muscle taken down in size and the gluteal crease reshaped on the left side.

Onto the last Thigh Bend JCM fix now.

ThighTwistSide1.JPG

ThighTwistSide2.JPG

ThighTwistSide3.JPG

ThighTwistSide4.JPG