• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Could we please see more renders of Dawn 2.0 while we're waiting for her release? Do we have an ETA for her?
Once the product is finalized you will probably see more of the final Dawn 2.0
But I don't think it gonna be that long from now on.
Chris going to officially announce everything once it is perfect and ready , so stay tuned!

unreal

Noteworthy
the last 10% of the project takes at least 90% of the time :D

I'm in that same situation with a client-server app I'm finishing up. I've been "finishing it up" for the last 3 months. Hope to <deity||not> it's demonstrably finished when I have to demo it, soon. Luckily, lockdown gives me an extra 2 weeks. Branch merging now... uhg.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
the last 10% of the project takes at least 90% of the time :D
That's true , but the whole work behind a functional human figure is hidden from the view and sometimes not appreciated how much time it consume. You make one mistake and everything need to go back from the beginning , it is huge responsibility as you can't just sent update later in time after release as that would cause a huge reaction chain. Patience is a virtue , some things just taking a little more time, and there is nothing you can do to speed it up, time frames don't works with this kind of job .

R_Hatch

Inspired
I am waiting very patiently, but you guys need to hurry up and finish before my patience runs out:tantrum:

Seriously, though, take your time, as I know the final result will be well worth the wait.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
If some of my favorite pose artists like Those Things or Shimuzu could be roped in to give us pose sets from the start OR if there were a pose conversion script immediately available what big help that would be.
For that you need to have the build to be done 100% , I am sure there will be enough time after that for artists to create supporting products .
I have also personal products that are still waiting to be setup .
When the time comes , Chris will announce everything .

unreal

Noteworthy
That's true , but the whole work behind a functional human figure is hidden from the view and sometimes not appreciated how much time it consume. You make one mistake and everything need to go back from the beginning , it is huge responsibility as you can't just sent update later in time after release as that would cause a huge reaction chain. Patience is a virtue , some things just taking a little more time, and there is nothing you can do to speed it up, time frames don't works with this kind of job .
Absolutely. :D Learned that meshing and rigging. "Back to drawing board" more than once, wasted weeks of work.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I only had to make tiny adjustments to my Dawn 2.0 pose set once the toe rigging was completed. I don't expect any serious tweaking will be needed for the final release.

Rigging conforming clothing is another matter. My Dawn 2.0 clothing product is on hold until we get the final release version and morphs.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
I have moved some of the posts here:
Use of Dynamic Subdivision in ZBrush + Morphs

And deleted a few.

I know they are not all related to that topic, so if you want them moved to a new thread elsewhere, please ask one of the Community Volunteers to do so.

PLEASE keep this thread on target for info about the official HiveWire Dawn 2 product.

If you want to discuss add-on products you're making, or technical stuff, please start or put it in another existing thread.

Thanks for your understanding :)

EldritchCellar

Motivated
Hello.
The new Dawn figure looks great. I haven't been following the progress but from what I've seen of the base I'm very intrigued. This may be the figure I've been seeking as a good base for my Poser morphing pursuits. I assume that Dawn 2 will support subdivision morphs, but I'd like to see a wireframe of the base resolution topology, as I find morphing and sculpting on the base resolution mesh in Mudbox and Blender my typical practice. Have any base resolution wireframe images been shown? Preferably smooth shaded wires?

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Hello.
The new Dawn figure looks great. I haven't been following the progress but from what I've seen of the base I'm very intrigued. This may be the figure I've been seeking as a good base for my Poser morphing pursuits. I assume that Dawn 2 will support subdivision morphs, but I'd like to see a wireframe of the base resolution topology, as I find morphing and sculpting on the base resolution mesh in Mudbox and Blender my typical practice. Have any base resolution wireframe images been shown? Preferably smooth shaded wires?
All previews all with the base resolution smooth shaded , just go back in the thread .
I did a lot of morphs on the base resolution and it works amazing .