• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Soon.jpg

Last edited:

R_Hatch

Inspired
I think one of the main problems right now is that there have been no new images for several weeks/months. If anyone has a moment to post something, it would help a bit with our anxiety :)

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
I think one of the main problems right now is that there have been no new images for several weeks/months. If anyone has a moment to post something, it would help a bit with our anxiety :)

Right now everything is under setup , so nothing really to post about , pure technical side that take most of the work, loading morphs, rigging , testing etc , once everything is finished Chris going to make announcement and post promo images of the final product as Alisa stated already .

until then hold on and stay tuned ..

unreal

Noteworthy
Wait a second.... The figure developer gets to say when the figure is ready??? When did this policy happen? It seems like a bad idea. The next thing you know, these figure developers will have some sort of say in things like quality, features, etc. I see this as a slippery slope with a brick wall at the bottom O.O

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
The developer does get to say when a figure is ready. However, what wasn't mentioned is, that only happens after the developer's beta team has put the figure "through the wringer", so to speak.

unreal

Noteworthy
The developer does get to say when a figure is ready. However, what wasn't mentioned is, that only happens after the developer's beta team has put the figure "through the wringer", so to speak.
So, what you're saying is "only after the developer is tortured by the beta team until he hates the very fact of their existence? Or Stockholm Syndrome. Whichever is first?"

Gotcha!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Exactly! LOL

Beta testers are like doctors and dentists. While they are human no human wants to be told "this isn't right" "do it over" and all the rest. As I go along in this business it really has taught me patience with myself and my testers. Right now my Rings & Things for Dusk 1 is in 'Rosity's beta area and I'm now adding a shitton of morphs for the necklaces. 5 years ago I would have shelved the entire project pissed off. Now I'm like ho hum I have more work to do! LOL

I can not imagine the stress that goes into building a human cg figure with all the nuances that go into the shape, the poly layout, the rigging and weight mapping, the morphs, the JCM's. I would loose my mind and me and my beta testers would be not only be testing the figure but each others patience. LOL I'll stick with what I sort of know and let the pro's do the heavy lifting.

Be patient. I for one am very excited for Dusk 2 more than Dawn 2 so I have an even longer wait! :cry:

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
True that hon. BUT there will be a wait! I can wait, too many other projects I'm wading my way through right now! LOL

unreal

Noteworthy
We now have a Dawn 2 release candidate as of August 18th. We'll wait til Paul has the Poser conversion done before we open it up for content creators to make extra goodies for about 6 weeks before release.
Duuuuuuuuuuuude!

I'll have my Dawn2 with awesome sauce to go, please :D

Ooh, and a Dusk 2 for dessert. With a thick topping of morphs.

unreal

Noteworthy
I know this is super off-topic. But....

Logos and watermarks. Poser's font looks... erm... dated. Can we get a more modern font? Because, superfly logo... ok but heavy handed. Better?

Which brings us to Dawn 2.

Now, the Genesis 8 logo looks very nice and modern (I'm not saying anything about the tech). Their 3 logos stacked (DS, IRay, G8) look nice. Clean. Modern. Unified.

I think it would be helpful is Poser/Superfly/Dawn2 had a nice logo stack. One that looks even better.

I know the first 2 logos are Rendo's responsibility, but I don't care. They're busy working on other stuff. And it's *my* dream. :p

If only there were super talented artists in the hivewire & rendo communities. Oh wait... :D

PS: Dawn has a better name. I mean, who names their kid after a late 60's prog-rock band???

PPS: Apologies to Jim Moody Blues. That last comment was insensitive. What can I say? I've been a bit stressed since Tuesday Afternoon.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I know this is super off-topic. But....

Logos and watermarks. Poser's font looks... erm... dated. Can we get a more modern font? Because, superfly logo... ok but heavy handed. Better?

Which brings us to Dawn 2.

Now, the Genesis 8 logo looks very nice and modern (I'm not saying anything about the tech). Their 3 logos stacked (DS, IRay, G8) look nice. Clean. Modern. Unified.

I think it would be helpful is Poser/Superfly/Dawn2 had a nice logo stack. One that looks even better.

I know the first 2 logos are Rendo's responsibility, but I don't care. They're busy working on other stuff. And it's *my* dream. :p

If only there were super talented artists in the hivewire & rendo communities. Oh wait... :D

PS: Dawn has a better name. I mean, who names their kid after a late 60's prog-rock band???

PPS: Apologies to Jim Moody Blues. That last comment was insensitive. What can I say? I've been a bit stressed since Tuesday Afternoon.
I thought Phil Collins was the lead for Genesis?

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
The argument could be made that "dawn" and "genesis" are synonyms.

dawn
/dôn,dän/
noun
noun: dawn; plural noun: dawns

2. the beginning of a phenomenon or period of time, especially one considered favorable.
"the dawn of civilization"

Similar: beginning; start; birth; inception; conception; origination

gen·e·sis
/ˈjenəsəs/
noun
noun: genesis; plural noun: genesises

the origin or mode of formation of something.
"this tale had its genesis in fireside stories"

Similar: origin; source; root; beginning; commencement; start; outset