• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Yet waiting on some updating and conversion of textures and materials settings that have been created for Dawn 2. Paul is currently working on this for us.

We're wanting to make sure everything looks good for both Poser and Studio. This is the current focus right now. All rigging is completed. All morphs are completed as well.

Roberta

Eager
I flipped through several pages of the post, going back, but I'm afraid I missed some clarification on which version of Poser, Dawn 2 will work.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I flipped through several pages of the post, going back, but I'm afraid I missed some clarification on which version of Poser, Dawn 2 will work.

As far as I know, Dawn 2 will work in Poser 11 and 12. Poser 11 is still supported but no longer in development, and Poser 12 is the current. If I remember this right, the original Dawn was only supported in Poser 11 after SMS had broken backwards compatibility with older versions.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well, you'd probably have to get Paul (CG Cubed) to show her off, because he's the only one that has a version closest to being the final release. I don't know if any of the CA's who are working on goodies for Dawn 2.0 have the latest version to work with.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I'm still not sure how the bones will work. It'd be nice if someone *wink wink* released a video showing off Dawn 2. :)

The way it works in Dawn 2 eye closing is simple: if you know how to bend an arm with a bend dial, you will know how to close her eyes with a dial as well. From the user's perspective, there is no difference if the dial drives a morph or a bone, for the final effect is the same. HOWEVER, you know those facial morphs that change the shape far enough so the eye blink dial won't completely close the eyes afterwards? This is when bones can easily correct this without the need for correction morphs (unless the eye shape has changed as well). For most cases, this will save some work when dealing with face morphs where the eyes don't close completely, because the eye closing control is not a morph, and therefore is not affected by them.

Hope this answers your question. :)

unreal

Noteworthy
The way it works in Dawn 2 eye closing is simple: if you know how to bend an arm with a bend dial, you will know how to close her eyes with a dial as well. From the user's perspective, there is no difference if the dial drives a morph or a bone, for the final effect is the same. HOWEVER, you know those facial morphs that change the shape far enough so the eye blink dial won't completely close the eyes afterwards? This is when bones can easily correct this without the need for correction morphs (unless the eye shape has changed as well). For most cases, this will save some work when dealing with face morphs where the eyes don't close completely, because the eye closing control is not a morph, and therefore is not affected by them.

Hope this answers your question. :)
Well, to be fair, everything is morphs in that it's some UI control that's interpreted by the software to apply mathematical transforms to vertices. Morphs are weighted vectors applied to a vertex. Bone are also weights but include 3 rotations, along with bulges (weighted vectors tangent to the each axis). Much more complex vector movement. No?

From a GUI standpoint, the control is a dial. I would think it matters more to the morph maker.

If blink is a bone with a dial that says open close or blink is a morph with a dial that says open close and it produces the deformation in the mesh the user expects, then they're the same. As far as the user is concerned. From the rigging side, way different.

For lefemme, I find her expression controls way non intuitive, lacing subtlty, and producing not very good results. Whereas, V4's decades of expression morphs are nicer results. Probably were brutal to make.