• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

Hornet3d

Wise
Awww, thank you so much for your words!

I am so happy you did it!!!!!!!!

It seems I am still too healthy or young and totally useless for society to get the vaccine yet :notworthy: :eek: I am never in the right category for anything... I am happy (and envy, I admit) that also here I know many people who got already fully vaccinated but they are all teachers or doctors, nurses, my dentist, in the police or army... I may get mine when the covid will be out of fashion :D

I would regard myself as being totally useless to the community and wider society but I seem to qualify for the vaccine on the basis I am old, fat and ill but then there has to be something wrong if I qualify for anything good.

Tempesta3d

Crazy Cat Lady
Contributing Artist
I would regard myself as being totally useless to the community and wider society but I seem to qualify for the vaccine on the basis I am old, fat and ill but then there has to be something wrong if I qualify for anything good.
I don't believe a word, I bet you are young, skinny and gorgeous! I consider myself like an old hag, but apparentely not enough to be vaccinated. Like yourself, when I get something good is often by mistake. Let me know how the second shot will be. Which one are you getting, if I may ask?

Hornet3d

Wise
I don't believe a word, I bet you are young, skinny and gorgeous! I consider myself like an old hag, but apparentely not enough to be vaccinated. Like yourself, when I get something good is often by mistake. Let me know how the second shot will be. Which one are you getting, if I may ask?

My wife and I have both had the AstraZeneca, I think because we were vaccinated in a local centre rather than the hospital and it does not need to be kept a the extreme low temperatures required by the alternative. My jab was three weeks ago and so far no negative effects.

Tempesta3d

Crazy Cat Lady
Contributing Artist
I guess if you would have an allergic reaction it would be almost immediately after. Same for major effects. Three weeks, you are fine and soon will have the next one, hurra! The ppl I spoke here in my city, they had mostly fever and weakness or headache for a day, following the second shot. The day after that they were all fine and back to work. The symtoms changed on each person but it was roughly just a day at most. I heard that if you have those symptoms it should be also a good thing, after the second shot I mean, as it seems the vaccine is effective on you, it's like activating.

CG Cubed

Technical Director
Staff member
HW3D Exclusive Artist
1616790299728.png

unreal

Noteworthy
Wow! i just went through all 122 pages of this. I found out about Dawn 2 by accident. She seems designed to take all the tech of La Femme to a mesh and rig that's way more friendly to artists (and, I hope, content creators). Essentially, state of the art 2021! Given *this* community (mature, helpful, artistic, technical, friendly) I see a figure that can shine.

I came upon a reference to Dawn 2 while searching for some help in things I was doing in Blender for Poser content creation for La Femme. Someone said something to the effect "Dawn 2 is going to change things..." Searching for "Dawn 2" and seeing this... I'm inclined to agree.

Being a Poser user on Mac, I often feel like a left-handed redheaded stepchild with a lisp.

When and where can I spend money? This looks like it will be a shopping spree.

unreal

Noteworthy
Not sure on the when yet, but she (and Dusk 2 etc) will be available at Rendo under the HiveWire3D store :)

And Like Ken said, if you haven't seen what Mec4D is working on you better go visit, it is all awesome!
I think I followed a thread that touched on some of it. I remember something with a lot of Egyptian characters. In any case, "stunning" was the word that came to mind.

Can't wait to get my hands on her mesh. That doesn't sound dirty, does it? And obviously, I will have to wait.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I think I followed a thread that touched on some of it. I remember something with a lot of Egyptian characters. In any case, "stunning" was the word that came to mind.

Can't wait to get my hands on her mesh. That doesn't sound dirty, does it? And obviously, I will have to wait.

We feel confident Dawn 2 and Dusk 2 will be quite special, maybe even spectacular. With early support from content creators like Ken K. and Cath/MEC4D, they certainly have potential to have a solid impact. Who knows, with enough interest from content creators D2's could change things.
As far as timing, we are very close to Paul having his amazing rigging ready for final beta for Dawn 2. At that time we will welcome all artists who would like to consider creating for her. In fact we will proactively seek out artists.
Finally, finally getting exciting.
As Ken mentioned above, Cath is working up a myriad of character shapes with clothing for both Dawn 2 and Dusk 2, and they are very inspiring to see. A real shot in the arm. She is just so talented and super prolific.
We are so happy to see that you poured thru 122 pages of this thread. Wow, amazing that you would take the time to do that. Thank you for your interest.