• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

eclark1894

Visionary
She's been to the Spa and had a makeover.

Okay, who's got the next makeover appointment? :D
1586901967389.png

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
are we there yet?

While in the back seat of our car, I would say that to my dad while on a long trip. He would respond to me, "almost... just around the next corner".

Actually, I'm about there on the myriad of morphs that our Dawn 2 base will come with. Lisa and our entire team want her to come fully loaded, or certainly robust.

We have rigging to finish up, then set up for Poser and Studio by Paul. I'm going to start on some merchant resource content hopefully tomorrow. That would be a body suit with grouping, and another surprise. Virtual World's amazing new Texture for Dawn 2 will also be a merchant resource. I also plan to make a new bikini for our base. Lisa and I have been talking about releasing our HiveWire Bun/Ponytail hair with Dawn 2 as well. We'll have to see how that all goes. This girl is going to rock though.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Will she work at all in Poser 10/2014 or is she P11+ only? I would very much like to get on the early content creation group - but can't if it is P11+ only.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
As far as I understand, HW no longer supports Poser versions older than 11, and neither does Renderosity, or even SMS before them. Somewhere between 11..0.6 and 11.1, Poser has become incompatible with older versions, and I am not sure if that has happened by accident. And even before that, Poser 9 and 10 already had critical bugs on the content creation tools that made them unusable to me. Some were fixed in Poser 11.0.4, but older versions (9 and 10) will never be patched, and are no longer supported by anyone. I have tried to make my products compatible with them, but backwards compatibility has become pretty much broken and unreliable. I would think some things *should* work, but they don't, and they will never be fixed.

In addition, P9 doesn't understand unimesh skinning and subdivision, while P10 doesn't support PBR materials. I am pretty sure the new Dawn materials are using PBR shaders, and that alone will not work in older versions. With my body type series, even morph injections wouldn't work in Poser 10 because of incompatibilities with the new animatable origins in Poser 11. I had to hack the files to make them work, but I don't do that anymore. Having that said, I wouldn't count on Dawn 2 working in Poser 10.