• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Yes, all those naysayers who made comments about the original Dawn's looks won't have anything to complain about with Dawn 2.0. ;)

I wish that were true. Though I would like to think they'll certainly have much much less to complain about. Other than it's Dawn still, and from HiveWire, and not enough clothes, and not enough support, or what ever else might get trumpeted.

But... she's awesome! She's going to work beautifully in Studio and Poser, which is amazing in and of itself. She'll have a bunch of bells and whistles from the start, and we can do refits, and the rigging Paul is doing is going to be of a superior quality.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
A few have requested some Poser renders.

Virtual World was kind enough to oblige. She sent these two to Lisa and me today. She's still working on Poser settings, but these were done using Poser 11.2 and 11.3 with a couple different light sets. These are Superfly renders by the way.

Superfly Poser 11_2.jpg
Superfly Poser 11_3.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hot damn, I can't wait to get my hands on her!! :D

I wish that were true. Though I would like to think they'll certainly have much much less to complain about. Other than it's Dawn still, and from HiveWire, and not enough clothes, and not enough support, or what ever else might get trumpeted.

But... she's awesome! She's going to work beautifully in Studio and Poser, which is amazing in and of itself. She'll have a bunch of bells and whistles from the start, and we can do refits, and the rigging Paul is doing is going to be of a superior quality.

Unfortunately too true, but I really think they'll have fewer complaints with Dawn 2.0.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Beautiful! I just wish the hair were longer. I like long hair.
Usually I would agree with you Earl, because longer hair gives you more styling options, but I happen to like the hair Tosca used, and wish I knew which one it was.

eclark1894

Visionary
Then too ... not everyone cares for long hair. It's just too much of a pain to deal with both for myself and on my 3D figures.

I normally only like short hair on men. I can accept it on women, but I'm not a fan. I prefer neck and shoulder length hair on women. And for the record, no, I don't like long hair on men. Again, neck and shoulder length I can accept.