• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
They look great indeed. I am assuming those are all I-ray in DS renders. Is there anything done in Poser?

Yes, these are all rendered with Iray and options created for Studio. She has created options for Poser too, but not as many due to software limitations I'm told.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Yes, these are all rendered with Iray and options created for Studio. She has created options for Poser too, but not as many due to software limitations I'm told.

I see. In general, the materials will be tied to only I-ray if built using native MDL shaders. That might be required to take advantage of native I-ray features, like skin SSS that was used in the renders above. Poser Firefly and Superfly would require their own set of shaders to produce the same effect. When dealing with Poser and DS, we now have to handle 4 sets of materials nowadays (3DL, MDL, FF, and SF).

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Did a string bikini refit today for Dawn 2. I did this quite a while ago but lost it in my computer crash of January.

We're getting this to Virtual World in hopes of having her use it for a couple of full body renders to show of her gorgeous skin maps.

Uberwork299.JPG

Uberwork300.JPG

Uberwork301.JPG

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
What's needed is a refit of the MFD (and its add-ons) for Dawn. Unfortunately, I don't know whether one would be distributable.

I do recall that someone did a modified UV of the Optitex Queen of Angels dress which made it able to take MFD textures. But I can't remember whether that was a freebie or not.

I also remember that RDNA had its own version of a morphing fantasy dress for V3 (with a shawl and a veil). But I don't think it ever really got much support. Arki did a beautiful texture add-on for it though. I was still using it with G1.