• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Chatter

Aylaaenas_Evenwing

Adventurous
I will add more and different surface maps later. I am now so busy with a character. Very intriguing face, reminds me a bit of lady gaga but still different.

Aylaaenas_Evenwing

Adventurous
I tested fiberbrows on Dawn 2. I managed to make them almost exactly as the textured brows on the head texture. I can send them to the hive crew if there is interest. As i cannot rig them due to only having the static mesh.

Attachments

• browsdawn.jpg
    browsdawn.jpg
    444.6 KB · Views: 221

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
There's always the Resources section here on HW3D, especially since it's going to be for a HW character.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Getting anything to conform is the easy part but since Dawn and Dusk current versions do no have facial chips setting up anything like brows, beards or the like to move with facial expression dials is a nightmare. Hopefully with Dawn 2.0 with the facial chips that will be an issue of the past! HOPEFULLY! I was informed that conforming brows and the like on L'Homme with his facial chips that things do move as they should but just haven't gotten around to conforming and seeing yet as I have 3 sets of eyebrows that I made for Genesis 8 Male in ZBrush and only refitted the eyebrows I made for my Gino character for G8M to L'Homme since I'm trying to recreate Gino for L'Homme!

Aylaaenas_Evenwing

Adventurous
Getting anything to conform is the easy part but since Dawn and Dusk current versions do no have facial chips setting up anything like brows, beards or the like to move with facial expression dials is a nightmare. Hopefully with Dawn 2.0 with the facial chips that will be an issue of the past! HOPEFULLY! I was informed that conforming brows and the like on L'Homme with his facial chips that things do move as they should but just haven't gotten around to conforming and seeing yet as I have 3 sets of eyebrows that I made for Genesis 8 Male in ZBrush and only refitted the eyebrows I made for my Gino character for G8M to L'Homme since I'm trying to recreate Gino for L'Homme!

I created the brows in blender. I think the fibermesh brows are a little too thick to be realistic. I have a little more controle of them in blender.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I have the BForArtists version of Blender that looks more "familiar" but not dove into trying to do much in it yet as I get overwhelmed very easily. You can get very fine hairs in ZBrush, it takes some retries but works very well. Please forgive the fireflies. Not sure what was going on that day with iRAY
FibermeshBrows Promo.jpg

Aylaaenas_Evenwing

Adventurous
I have the BForArtists version of Blender that looks more "familiar" but not dove into trying to do much in it yet as I get overwhelmed very easily. You can get very fine hairs in ZBrush, it takes some retries but works very well. Please forgive the fireflies. Not sure what was going on that day with iRAY
View attachment 63318

I know you can get very fine hair in zbrush. I made a hair model, with very realistic parting. But i find you can run into trouble with the fine hairs created in zbrush, when rendering( takes long, so imagine how long it will take in poser) You see the finer the hairs the longer the render times. It works great for close ups. But midway renders take longer thus a lot of fireflies. I havent run into that problem with blender's fibers

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Well I finally did it. I conformed this to L'Homme and posed his brow line and YUP the brows follow. The render took less than a minute to render out. ;)

Please forgive the line between the neck and face. I'm still working on the shaders for the skin in Poser for my Gino for L'Homme! Also the brows have no shader set up as this was just after I got it conformed and the facial expression and head posed. Very pleased though!

L'Homme Gino Eyebrows.jpg

eclark1894

Visionary
Actually, there used to be an actor who always had an orange tan when i was growing up. I can't remember his last name, but his first name was George. Found it, it was George Hamilton.

1596833663897.png