• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Content Development Resources

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Maybe you guys can help me out here, dose any one know of a utility for mirroring across a figure? I am making some poses for Harry and found that poses in built swap/mirror was no help at all. I have ended up doing it by hand but thought there must be a better way

OKCRandy

Most 3d software will do the mirroring for you just swap left and right. Poser and Studio can both do it. Do you have IK turned off?

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
No IK on, maybe I just didn't pick the right options but when I tried it on the horse it didn't really work how I was expecting

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Most 3d software will do the mirroring for you just swap left and right. Poser and Studio can both do it. Do you have IK turned off?

For some reason, I've found that Poser never seems to mirror the Hive figures correctly. I'm not sure why. Usually what I get is close enough for my uses that with a little adjusting I can get something I like, but it wouldn't be good enough if I was trying to make a Pose pack with mirrored poses.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
For some reason, I've found that Poser never seems to mirror the Hive figures correctly. I'm not sure why. Usually what I get is close enough for my uses that with a little adjusting I can get something I like, but it wouldn't be good enough if I was trying to make a Pose pack with mirrored poses.

It's not just the Hivewire figures, it's weight mapped figures in general. I have a friend who has been doing poses since forever, and Roxie and Miki4 gave him all kinds of fits with mirroring. He actually ended up writing a python script to do mirroring on weight mapped figures.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
GG and Glitter that is exactly what I ran into, glad to see it wasn't just me being blond :roflmao:
@Glitterati3D you wouldn't happen to know if your friend was sharing that script would you?

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
You're welcome, but the credit all goes to Andy (jlk). He's done some great scripts and I keep trying to get him to package up some of these small scripts into a developer kit.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, I actually found I had downloaded another of his scripts - Easy DoF Script For Poser.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
It seems Poser doesn't pick up all the body parts (like pelvis, abdomen2, chest2, etc.) when mirroring. But it's such a pain to do it by hand because I can never remember which settings need to be reversed!

Thanks for posting the script Glitter ... and pass on my thanks to Andy!

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Yes, I actually found I had downloaded another of his scripts - Easy DoF Script For Poser.

It seems Poser doesn't pick up all the body parts (like pelvis, abdomen2, chest2, etc.) when mirroring. But it's such a pain to do it by hand because I can never remember which settings need to be reversed!

Thanks for posting the script Glitter ... and pass on my thanks to Andy!

Yeah, he does small useful scripts like this all the time. There are 3 of his that I use on every product I put in the store:

A great, efficient ReadMe generator that even does the package contents list.

An Image Searcher that checks all my texture files and lists each image so I can be sure to copy everything to the distribution folder, with the full path listed.

A script to hide Superconforming morphs in one pass. Talk about a time saver!