• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Content Development Resources

Art_of_Mind

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Question... does it read the .duf or what ever files to get the paths to the folders and files not listed in the parent directory?

Yes it does .duf and everything, like seriously, one second and it writes the readme list of stuff. It takes me longer to browse to the folder than it does for the program to write the file.

The only lines you will have to edit are the folder location lines; this is what I think you are asking me? It gives them to you, just with a little more information then you need so you got to go delete some of the information; - example as follows,
the program spit this out.
===============================================================
C:\Users\renderrig\Desktop\last update\Content\ReadMes\Art_of_Mind\
===============================================================
Spirit Champion ReadMe.txt

So I need to change it to this.

\ReadMes\Art_of_Mind\

Spirit Champion ReadMe.txt

___Of course everyone understand this is a short example, the program listed all the folders and everything in them, I just didn't want to show the whole list.

Last edited:

OKCRandy

Randy, I think those of us who do content creation would be grateful to have anything you were able to make. At least I would be! LOL

I have two obj files that anyone that would be interested wold give there opinion on this style for the pants and Shirt. Or do you prefer the style that was in my other Development Packages.

The link to the folder on my google drive is OKC Development - Google Drive

OKCDusk_DevSuit_09-2016.zip is in there. The obj files are not final and are not mapped or grouped.

I think I set up google drive correct but this if my first try.

Cheers
Randy

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
On the top right of the Google Drive pages is a down arrow. Click on that to download.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
How do you download it?

Upper right......arrow down.

DLOKCRandy.jpg

OKCRandy

Thanks Randy. :)

You are welcome I am waiting on feedback before I take the pack any further as far as the pants and shirt parts of the Dev Pack. In the meantime I will work on getting the rest ready as far as headgear, shoes, socks and what ever else I can come up with.:)

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Loving it Randy! I don't think I would have much use for the medium res set, but for folks just starting out, it's a great addition.

I just add too many details and smooth too much to start at anything but low resolution and go up. ;-)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Very true Tracy. I remember playing with the V4 set a couple of years ago, and accidentally loaded up the medium res, and wondered what was wrong with it. It wasn't until I went back and saw there was a high res one too, that I realized the medium could have it's uses, but it wasn't what I was looking for.

OKCRandy

Loving it Randy! I don't think I would have much use for the medium res set, but for folks just starting out, it's a great addition.

I just add too many details and smooth too much to start at anything but low resolution and go up. ;-)

Very true Tracy. I remember playing with the V4 set a couple of years ago, and accidentally loaded up the medium res, and wondered what was wrong with it. It wasn't until I went back and saw there was a high res one too, that I realized the medium could have it's uses, but it wasn't what I was looking for.
So from what I get so far is that those that have experience in clothing creation would find the lo res obj files useful and the mid res not so much. Do you like the obj style better than the body suit style in the old packs like M4 and V4? Did you find the rigs useful in the other packs? Maybe a better question is what would you like to see different in the new 0nes? What did you like about the other packs?

Miss B

CV-BEE
Do you like the obj style better than the body suit style in the old packs like M4 and V4? Did you find the rigs useful in the other packs? Maybe a better question is what would you like to see different in the new 0nes? What did you like about the other packs?
OK, I'm speaking for myself here, but I have more experience modeling props and environmental scenes (a castle I never finished), and have only gotten into modeling clothing the past 1 1/2 to 2 years, so I think the separate pieces like this suit you did for dusk would be easier for me to use. I never got much use out of your V4 pack because I couldn't visualize separating it into pieces I could use.

That said, I've learned a lot over the past couple of years, so I might just tackle it again. What I do like about the full dev suit is the feet, as I wouldn't know where to start for socks, stockings, shoes, what have you, for covering feet/legs.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
So from what I get so far is that those that have experience in clothing creation would find the lo res obj files useful and the mid res not so much. Do you like the obj style better than the body suit style in the old packs like M4 and V4? Did you find the rigs useful in the other packs? Maybe a better question is what would you like to see different in the new 0nes? What did you like about the other packs?

When I was starting out, yes, I found the rigs very helpful. That said, though, there's a good bit more rigging involved for weight map figures than spherical rigging. However, WM rigging is much faster until you get to the refinements which is not something you would include with this pack.

I found the pants (the crotch was REALLY hard to figure out at first) and the feet and shoe starts especially helpful. I doubt I would have ever tackled my first pair of shoes if not for your starter sets. And, of course, the gloves/hands are invaluable even if they get deleted for 90% of the final clothing. Just having the topology and uv map for gloves saves DAYS of work.

If you're going to include a base rig, you might find my "WM Rigging in 10 Minutes" tutorial helpful:

Attachments

• WeightMappingTutorial.pdf
    333.2 KB · Views: 286

OKCRandy

When I was starting out, yes, I found the rigs very helpful. That said, though, there's a good bit more rigging involved for weight map figures than spherical rigging. However, WM rigging is much faster until you get to the refinements which is not something you would include with this pack.

I found the pants (the crotch was REALLY hard to figure out at first) and the feet and shoe starts especially helpful. I doubt I would have ever tackled my first pair of shoes if not for your starter sets. And, of course, the gloves/hands are invaluable even if they get deleted for 90% of the final clothing. Just having the topology and uv map for gloves saves DAYS of work.

If you're going to include a base rig, you might find my "WM Rigging in 10 Minutes" tutorial helpful:

The pdf is missing images.:(

I do not recall ever including geometry for gloves. Which pack were they in?:confused: