• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Content Development Resources

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I do not recall ever including geometry for gloves. Which pack were they in?:confused:
I looked at the promo for the V4 one a little while ago, and no there were no hands/fingers/gloves, just the feet/booties.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I am not going to grab it, I do not need another account to remember much less a 12 character password. :confused: I always avoid the setup room I have always hated it.:cautious:

I hear ya. I never use the setup room since we got the fitting room. It does it all in one quick run through.

Try this one. The images are there for me.

Attachments

• WeightMappingTutorial.pdf
    919.2 KB · Views: 326

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
This one works. Yeah Thank you.:)

You're welcome.

Just as an aside, weight mapped clothing will require going through the rigging cycle in some manner (Fitting Room or Setup Room) to transfer the base weight maps to the garment.

Gone are the days when you could change the object file location and transfer the rigging.

That tutorial will get the base weights into your Dev Packs in a few short minutes.

OKCRandy

Thank you very much.:) Not getting much done on the devs right now. I am in update hell with a new computer. Also removing all the trial crap that comes with it. :eek::devil":rolleyes:

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Thank you very much.:) Not getting much done on the devs right now. I am in update hell with a new computer. Also removing all the trial crap that comes with it. :eek::devil":rolleyes:

Oh, ICK! I did that last summer after my main rig got hit by lightening and I had to buy a new computer. Such a time waster, and I had to do it twice because I bought a new laptop and desktop at the same time.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
*groan* I'm in the market for a new computer soon so I'm dreading what your going through today Rand! HUGS :eek:

OKCRandy

*groan* I'm in the market for a new computer soon so I'm dreading what your going through today Rand! HUGS :eek:
Done for the most part, system is up to date now just installing my programs and tolls as I need them.

I have a very low poly obj glove started for Dusk. The link to the zip - dusk_GloveDev.zip Just not sure if I am going in the right direction with it. If I make it too high res it is going to be very difficult to work with. Opinions please be kind LOL

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I remember making my gloves in ZBrush using ZSpheres, that was fun.. NOT. Fingers .... no fun working poly's around them! lol

OKCRandy

I remember making my gloves in ZBrush using ZSpheres, that was fun.. NOT. Fingers .... no fun working poly's around them! lol
Some one told me I had mad gloves for K4 Dev Set but I could not find them in my archives and do not remember making them. I worked on morphs and rigging with Natalie a vendor at Renderosity and that was a mess she is weak on English and I do not know German. She did all the modeling and I had to make it into working clothing with morphs. The set was called Sheila something because of the character she made to go with it.

I never mastered zbrush beyond creating some morphs. Earlier today I was looking for my Alexa 2 Classic Lingerie DAZ installers that I used to sell there and cannot find them or the renders. Only the old archives from when I bought the rights to the clothing from Mark (3d Commune). I am trying to remember if I gave a copy of the set to someone. Sorry for off topic. Lack of sleep.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
It's quite alright. Trust me it took me forever and a day to learn ZBrush. Often letting it languish on my hard drive for years and then one day, after Genesis 1 was released the magic started happening. I asked all the folks I knew and sort of knew for help like Mec4D and JoeQuick for help. Joseph helped me get started on my first pair of shoes I made and after that allot of stuff started to make sense to me. Folks complain about the UI, I find other UI's more confusing than ZBrush so it was more that my mind is not all that technical, kinda why I get hung up on rigging and weight mapping. I can model no issue but those last steps just kill me! lol