• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Content Development Resources

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Now there's a familiar name I haven't seen in a looooong time. :)

Welcome to the HiveWire forums sir, and yes, 4:00pm would be the correct time for you. ;)
So true Miss B...I remember getting a developer kit or some such for one of the figures...

Welcome to the Hive OKCRandy...if you find a tool to collect DS content let me know it would be very useful!

OKCRandy

So true Miss B...I remember getting a developer kit or some such for one of the figures...

Welcome to the Hive OKCRandy...if you find a tool to collect DS content let me know it would be very useful!
[QUOTE="Now there's a familiar name I haven't seen in a looooong time. :)

Welcome to the HiveWire forums sir, and yes, 4:00pm would be the correct time for you. ;)[/QUOTE]

Pendraia I will let you know if I ever find a tool to collect DS content. still looking.

Thank you all for the wonderful welcomes.

If any of you Content Creators want any of the items I still have at the Content Paradise store contact me and I will see what I can do to get it to you.

Last edited:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks, it certainly would be a useful tool to have. I know that Sickleyield sets up a separate directory to make it easier. She has tutorial on her Deviant Art page.

OKCRandy

Thanks, it certainly would be a useful tool to have. I know that Sickleyield sets up a separate directory to make it easier. She has tutorial on her Deviant Art page.
That works well in Poser too Pen. :)

Found one been so long I forgot I had it. Not sure if I ever used it. But his tools are reliable.

Content Gatherer by Dimension3D

He has always kept his tools up to date.

I do not know of a free one. And it appears Howard's Hogsoft business is no longer around.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I got your Handed suit for K4 way back when. Delightful to work with.

Have you considered making sets like that for the Hivewire Family? Gloves and shoes were a dream using your kits! As was everything else, but those handed kits made gloves so much easier.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist

Have you considered making sets like that for the Hivewire Family? Gloves and shoes were a dream using your kits! As was everything else, but those handed kits made gloves so much easier.

:yeahthat:

You actually gave me a reason to USE my CP birthday coupon. LOL I scooped up the MR suits for the K4 and the G2's.

I would snap up equivalent suits for Dawn, Dusk, and Baby Luna in a heartbeat! :D

OKCRandy

You actually gave me a reason to USE my CP birthday coupon. LOL I scooped up the MR suits for the K4 and the G2's.

I would snap up equivalent suits for Dawn, Dusk, and Baby Luna in a heartbeat! :D

I can give it a shot and see if I remember how. I could make a dev kit for Dusk, but I do not have Dawn or Baby Luna. Let me see what I can do for Dusk and go from there. I am so out of practice and where remembering where my tools are.

Seliah hope you had a great birthday.

BTW Should we move the conversation about the dev kits to a different thread. I do not want to get into trouble.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
BTW Should we move the conversation about the dev kits to a different thread. I do not want to get into trouble.

Yep, consider that done. ;)

I just split this part of the discussion off into it's own thread so that the Webinar does not get buried underneath discussing content creation resources.

Hope this is okay with everyone.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I can give it a shot and see if I remember how. I could make a dev kit for Dusk, but I do not have Dawn or Baby Luna. Let me see what I can do for Dusk and go from there. I am so out of practice and where remembering where my tools are.

Randy, I think those of us who do content creation would be grateful to have anything you were able to make. At least I would be! LOL

Seliah hope you had a great birthday.

It was back in the end of July. But yes, it was good. I only made the comment because I normally have no need or desire to even use the CP birthday coupons, as there is generally not much on the site that I have any desire to purchase. But this was a good use of the coupon this year. :D

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Found one been so long I forgot I had it. Not sure if I ever used it. But his tools are reliable.

Content Gatherer by Dimension3D

He has always kept his tools up to date.

I do not know of a free one. And it appears Howard's Hogsoft business is no longer around.
Yes, I have Content Gatherer. I've used a couple of times. Mind you, it's a fiddly but does get the job done! :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I usually start new contents on a separate runtime in both Poser and DS, so I don't have to worry about gathering scattered files all over the library later on. Once the product is tested and released to the store, I merge it with the main library. This can save time and avoid extra work later on. ^^

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
That's an interesting, and more efficient method than I use, Ken. I always have an empty/dummy runtime structure set up, but I end up doing my creation in my main one and then copying everything to the dummy structure for zipping and packaging.

Sheesh, I've been taking the long way around for quite some time, it looks like! I'll have to try your method on the next item. :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
This also makes it quicker to locate and replace files during development, since the project is all contained in a separate root folder. To keep things organized, I also name the root folders by platform (Poser/DS) and figure name, so they never get mixed up, which is easy to happen when we are working in both platforms on the same product at the same time.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
This also makes it quicker to locate and replace files during development, since the project is all contained in a separate root folder. To keep things organized, I also name the root folders by platform (Poser/DS) and figure name, so they never get mixed up, which is easy to happen when we are working in both platforms on the same product at the same time.

Yes, I generally name mine by program also. My dummy Runtimes are always put under "Poser Content" and "DS Content" so I know which is which easily enough (though the file extensions are pretty telling, too, in most cases).

I will definitely have to give that method a try on the next item, though. :)

DirLister — DukeLupus' scripts and programs

This will help you make your readme file.
Run that and in less than one second it creates a .txt that list all folders and files that are in your dummy runtime.

That looks like a good resource, AOM. Thank you!