• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Complete Guide to Animation in Poser by Nerd3D - Webinar Discussion

eclark1894

Visionary
If you've gone to the directory and can't find the listings, it's because I'm still compiling the list and they aren't up yet. Hoping to have them up by midnight at the latest. Hopefully earlier. I didn't know there were so many video editing softwares out there. A number of them are free or at least free to try.

A method you may find useful to start "hacking" bvh files, open in one Wordpad, then at the start of the file go through the hierarchy renaming body parts to match the hierarchy names of the figure you want to use, save as a text document remembering to add .bvh as the file ext.
This sometimes works easily other times you'll need to go through and adjust the figure in Poser's graph palettes using the select all keys and hold down Cntrl key method that Charles showed in the seminar.

There is also DaveDubUK/bvhacker which does much more and acts as a bvh viewer too

D

Deleted member 325

Will this be available for viewing to those who didn't sign up - because I didn't see the notifications until today (I had no online access over the weekend)?

Nerd3D

Motivated
Contributing Artist
@eclark1894: I use BVHacker. Which is still pretty close to doing it by hand. It does a decent job of retargeting. Plus it's freeware.

Nerd3D

Motivated
Contributing Artist
Will this be available for viewing to those who didn't sign up - because I didn't see the notifications until today (I had no online access over the weekend)?

This was sponsored by Smith Micro I'm sure they'll be posting it as soon as Paul has the recording ready to go.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
I'd contact Paul via email (same email address you got the original info about the webinar from) or send him a pm here (his user name is Digital Art Live) if you registered for the webinar and haven't gotten the links sent to you. You should have them by now.

The Professor

Contributing Artist
Bonnie2001 I originally sent a request via the Digital Art Live website and had no response. I then sent a email using the address from the ticket info sent to me, and Paul answered right away........Hope this helps