Complete Guide to Animation in Poser by Nerd3D - Webinar Discussion

Discussion in 'Tutorials & Theory' started by LisaB, May 10, 2018.

1. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

If you've gone to the directory and can't find the listings, it's because I'm still compiling the list and they aren't up yet. Hoping to have them up by midnight at the latest. Hopefully earlier. I didn't know there were so many video editing softwares out there. A number of them are free or at least free to try.

Dakorillon (IMArts) likes this.
  2. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

And the new entries are now available.

3. FlickeringLight

FlickeringLight Inspired

A method you may find useful to start "hacking" bvh files, open in one Wordpad, then at the start of the file go through the hierarchy renaming body parts to match the hierarchy names of the figure you want to use, save as a text document remembering to add .bvh as the file ext.
    This sometimes works easily other times you'll need to go through and adjust the figure in Poser's graph palettes using the select all keys and hold down Cntrl key method that Charles showed in the seminar.

There is also DaveDubUK/bvhacker which does much more and acts as a bvh viewer too

4. The Professor

The Professor Member Contributing Artist

Unfortunately I missed yesterdays Webinar .......will this be available for download in the near future?
    Thanks

5. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

If you were signed up to attend, you should be getting something in your email.

6. Ken1171

Ken1171 Distinguished Contributing Artist

I have also missed the Sunday session. When will the recordings be available?

7. KageRyu

KageRyu Rabid Art Monkey Contributing Artist

Will this be available for viewing to those who didn't sign up - because I didn't see the notifications until today (I had no online access over the weekend)?

8. Nerd3D

Nerd3D Motivated HW3D Exclusive Artist

@eclark1894: I use BVHacker. Which is still pretty close to doing it by hand. It does a decent job of retargeting. Plus it's freeware.

9. Nerd3D

Nerd3D Motivated HW3D Exclusive Artist

This was sponsored by Smith Micro I'm sure they'll be posting it as soon as Paul has the recording ready to go.

10. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

I just received my recording notice in my email. So they're supposed to be available.

11. Bonnie2001

Bonnie2001 Extraordinary

I didn't get an email. Can you post links to the videos please?

12. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

It appears to be a download, and it's not my video to show or distribute. Sorry, you'll just have to wait until they give the sign.:)

13. Bonnie2001

Bonnie2001 Extraordinary

That's okay Earl. I sent a PM to Paul, he might be able to help. :)

14. The Professor

I still have not received a email yet...........has anyone else?

15. Alisa

Alisa Peacekeeper & HW3D QAV Queen Bee Staff Member QAV-BEE

I'd contact Paul via email (same email address you got the original info about the webinar from) or send him a pm here (his user name is Digital Art Live) if you registered for the webinar and haven't gotten the links sent to you. You should have them by now.

16. Ken1171

Ken1171 Distinguished Contributing Artist

Yes, I've received the email with the link to the session videos the next day.

17. Bonnie2001

Bonnie2001 Extraordinary

I still haven't received any replies to my request. :(

18. The Professor

Bonnie2001 I originally sent a request via the Digital Art Live website and had no response. I then sent a email using the address from the ticket info sent to me, and Paul answered right away........Hope this helps

Bonnie2001 likes this.
  19. Digital Art Live

Digital Art Live Inspired

Just to ensure you have the download link for the recordings - they are here:-

Hightail Spaces

This folder also includes the "homework" file that Charles set up as well as the chat transcripts for each session.

Bonnie2001 and KageRyu like this.
  20. Alisa

Alisa Peacekeeper & HW3D QAV Queen Bee Staff Member QAV-BEE

Thanks, Paul!