• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Childe Of Fyre Freebies

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Hey guys - I figured I might as well just contain all of my items to the same thread for the sake of being easy to find.

All of my items are available on my website (including the legacy stuff for figures like the Gen2's and Gen3's). I do have some things on my ShareCG gallery, and the other place I post freebies nowadays is in my DeviantArt gallery. So many of my items will have three links - just pick the one you prefer, and go for it.

I do make content on a semi-regular basis, though there are frequently long "dry spells" in between new item releases. So, rather than litter the forum with a multitude of freebie announcements, I figured a single thread would be best for them all.

----------------------

So. The first item I'm going to put up here would be the DS Mats for the store freebie Luna's Playthings here. These are just material files to make use of the Playthings inside of DS. There are NO actual textures included; all of the material settings rely solely on the texture maps that came with the product. All I did was make a bunch of MAT files using the stock texture maps to give the Playthings a bit of a different look in DS.

Required Files :
Glitterati's Playthings for Baby Luna (freebie)

Included Files :
6 DS Material Presets for the Blanket (3 Cherries, 3 Balloons)
6 DS Material Presets for the Playpen (3 Cherries, 3 Balloons)
6 DS Material Presets for the Bear Mobile (3 Cherries, 3 Balloons)

Usage Rights :
Commercial renders are OK.
Redistribution of your OWN textures is OK.
You may NOT redistribute my original mesh, or textures.
You may NOT use any of my content in Second Life, sorry.

http://www.childeoffyre.com/playthingsMATs.html
ShareCG :
COF Baby Luna DS Material Presets - DAZ Studio - ShareCG
DeviantArt :
COF Luna's Playthings DS MATs

COF-PlaythingsMATs.jpg

COF-PlaythingsPromo.jpg

Last edited:

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
And play blocks for the kiddies. This is an older freebie and is in Poser format (.pp2), but Luna could probably play with these as well if she wanted to. (And someday down the line I will make additional textures for these, too.)

Because this is an older freebie, the textures might need a little updating insofar as their bump settings go. DS folks should expect to need to alter the specularity value on the blocks under some lighting conditions as well.

Required Files :
Poser or DS to load the blocks.

Included Files :
Individual letter block props (English A-Z)
Individual number block props (0-9)
Two parented groupings of blocks
All required textures

Usage Rights :

http://www.childeoffyre.com/playblocks.html
DeviantArt :
COF Children's Play Blocks
ShareCG :
COF Children's Play Blocks - Poser - ShareCG

COF-PlayBlocks.jpg

PlayBlocks-Main.jpg

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
This is also an older freebie, Poser format (.pp2), but even Luna needs a box to stuff her toys into. Again, the material settings might need adjustment in both Poser and DS due to the age of the item.

It's a toybox, modeled in two parts : A base with lots of space to fill with whatever you want to put in it, and a lid that you can use to clutter a messy play room, or for baby's mom or dad to cover the toybox with.

Included Files :
1 Toybox Lid
1 Toybox Base
Required texture maps

Required Files :
Poser or Daz Studio to load the props

Usage Rights :

http://www.childeoffyre.com/caristoybox.html
ShareCG :
COF Caris' Toy Box - Poser - ShareCG
DeviantArt :
COF Caris' Toybox

COF-CarisToybox.jpg

ToyboxMainPromo.jpg

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
This is a small pack of texture resources for use in texturing projects. These may be used in either free or commercial projects. Credit is not required, but please don't include these files in a similar product or item (including shader packs).

- 1 brick and mortar
(from the upper section of my basement/foundation wall)

- 1 rough stone wall (from the lower section of my basement/foundation wall.)
A little historical note - the large stones that make up the lower section of this wall were transported from one of the nearby old Erie Canal locks. Many homes, businesses, etc in my area contain these in their foundations. They would move them from the old lock and build foundations, then build the structure on top of it. Like those buildings, these were also used for the foundation of my home as well.)

- 1 patch of the pebbled and steel reinforced concrete from the retaining wall outside the back of my house.

- 3 patches of wood from a picnic bench outside of a local mom-and-pop general store. One shows part of the slats, one contains a knot in it, and the other one is just the flat wood without the knot.

--------------------

The seamless version of the textures are shown on DS primitive shapes in the promo, with bump and normal maps loaded. I did NOT include bumps or normals for the raw photos. My logic on that is quite simple : Those who know how and are able to work with the raw photos can most likely make their own bumps and normals - they do not need mine to do it with. I included the bumps and normals for the convenience of those who prefer to work with seamless tiles rather than the raw photographs.

Required Files :
Any program that can open/read raw texture maps
Any program that allows you to load seamless tiles onto an object

Included Files :
- 6 Raw Photos
- 6 Seamless Tiles
- 6 Matching Bump Maps (for seamless tiles only)
- 6 Matching Normal Maps (for seamless tiles only)

Usage Rights :
YES, freebies made with these are OK, so long as the textures are part of a UV map (do not distribute the individual tiles)
YES, commercial items made with these are OK, so long as the textures are part of a UV map.
NO, I do not allow my items to be used in Second Life for any reason.

http://www.childeoffyre.com/cof-earthen.html
ShareCG :
COF EarthenMR - Texture - ShareCG
DeviantArt :

COF Earthen : Merchant Resource

COF-EarthenMR.jpg

EarthenMainPromo.jpg

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
This one is just a small, little prop to hang or dangle off of things. It can be dangled off of hair, purses, curtains, skirts, jackets, pretty much anything or anywhere you need a tiny little string of beads to dress something up. It loads in world center on the floor. It loads in at a bigger scale than what you will probably need, so just adjust the scaling as needed. The over-sized scale was deliberate so that folks can see the string once it's loaded.

There are some very basic movement morphs on the string to adjust the shape/position of the whole item for things like windy days, gravity and whatnot. I would recommend not turning the morph dials above 100% or below 0%. That does some very not-nice things to the shape of the string.

There is a DS version and a Poser version. Each one is in the native file formats for it's program. Please make sure you download the correct version for the software you intend to use it in.

Included Files (DS Version):
1 morphing prop (.duf format)
1 Image texture
1 PSD UVmap
1 JPG UVmap

Included Files (Poser Version):
1 morphing prop (.pp2 format)
1 Image texture
1 PSD UVmap
1 JPG UVmap

Required Files :
DazStudio 4+, or Poser 5+

Usage Rights :

http://www.childeoffyre.com/cof-beadsDS.html (DS Version)
http://www.childeoffyre.com/cof-beadsPS.html (Poser Version)

ShareCG :
COF Beaded String (Daz) - *FIXED* - DAZ Studio - ShareCG
(DS Version)
COF Beaded String (Poser Version) - Poser - ShareCG (Poser Version)

DeviantArt :
COF Beaded String (DS) (DS Version)
COF Beaded String (Poser) (Poser Version)

cof-beadDS-sm.jpg

COF-BeadPromoPs.jpg

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
This is a static, Poser-format dresser prop, of the type you would store clothing in. Sorry, drawers do not open. DS users will need to adjust some textures, as the dresser uses a mixture of image maps with Poser procedural materials. It's another older prop, so the modeling might not be great, but it's good for background filler. It was made in Wings3D, long before I had moved onto Blender.

Required Files :
Poser, or any program able to load .pp2 files.

Included Files :
1 Poser prop (.pp2 format)
Required texture maps
Texture template/UVs are included as well

Usage Rights :
Yes, commercial renders are OK.
Yes, you may redistribute your OWN textures.
Do not redistribute my original mesh or textures.
No, I do not allow any of my content to be used in Second Life.

http://www.childeoffyre.com/wdresser.html
ShareCG :
COF Walnut Dresser - Poser - ShareCG
DeviantArt :
COF Walnut Dresser

COF-WDresser.jpg

WDresserMainPromo.jpg

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I have lots of stuff on my site. :) I'm just slowly going to be adding them to the thread here as we go, for the folks who may or may not have known about the site to begin with. And anything new I make will get added here as well, obviously. ^_^

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
So... this happened while I was following a Blender tutorial in the midst of the modeling on a shirt for Dusk that I've been working on... LOL. I needed to figure out how to thicken the mesh around the collar/neck area of that shirt, and ended up with this thing during that tut.

It's a rather low-poly mesh, and meant more for background scene filler in like a home or work office, waiting room, etc... it's the kind of box you might find hanging on a wall in those places with magazines or mail, etc. This object most likely would NOT withstand a close-up render angle without some changes to the textures, I think.

There are multiple material zones, and the label plate CAN be set invisible if desired. I included two versions of the uv template - one with labels, and one without the labels if the text gets in the way of your texturing. I also did include the OBJ and it's .mtl, along with the original UVs that came out of Blender for the non-DS folks. There's 8 material settings for both the "incoming" and "outgoing" label options on the box. The prop files themselves are in .duf format.

For the Poser folks, I wanted to give you a heads up :
1.) There are three texture maps for each label, and two bump maps (one for each label). I used the grey colored texture map to achieve the extra colors in the DS materials, so I think you all can probably do the same to get any other colors that you want (it comes with a blue, green, and grey texture maps).

2) I'm having a lot of difficulty trying to get this working inside of Poser, which is why I did not make a Poser-specific version. You folks can make use of the .OBJ's perhaps, but for some reason Poser flips the UVmaps backwards (you may need to redo the Incoming/Outgoing text labels as they read backwards in Poser when rendered).

3.) Poser for some reason is also flipping the normals in regards to the label plate. It pushes the entire plate into the main mesh of the box, whereas DS does not do this with the mesh, and I have NO idea why this is happening or how to fix it. So if using the OBJ inside of Poser, you will definitely need to either set the label invisible, or put a checkmark in "Flip Normals." This won't fix the backwards-reading label on the plate (that needs to be done via the texture maps), but it will fix the label plate being pushed into the mesh. So I just wanted to put that warning out there.

4.) When importing the box into Poser, you will need to scale it down. It's a Blender object, and it comes into Poser at a pretty large scale. (seriously, V4 could almost crawl into it and go to sleep! LOL)

Requirements :
DS 4+ for the prop files
For the OBJ files, any program that can handle .obj and .mtl files should suffice.

Included Files :

1 DS prop file (.duf format)
All needed texture maps
16 Daz Studio MAT files
1 .OBJ format of the prop (with it's .mtl file)
Texture template/UVs

Usage Rights :
You MAY distribute your OWN textures for the object.
You may NOT redistribute my original textures, or my mesh object.
Sorry, but I do NOT allow my content to be used in Second Life for any reason.

http://www.childeoffyre.com/hangingletterDS.html
ShareCG :
COF Hanging Mail Holder (DS + OBJ) - DAZ Studio - ShareCG
DeviantArt :
COF Hanging Letter/Magazine Holder (DS + OBJ)

cof-hangingletter-sm.jpg

COF-HangingLetter-MainPromo.jpg

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
This one is a morphs-only character preset for Genesis 1. This is my Blake; the public version anyway. :) He's definitely shorter than the average male, but that's on purpose... and he's a bit stockier, but that's also on purpose. Comes with five full-body poses and a zero pose as well.

A quick note on the poses :

If the poses do not apply correctly, you will need to turn off limits on the figure. A lot of my poses are built with limits OFF, because frankly, the range limits that Daz chooses is ridiculously restrictive for my needs - to the point of sheer frustration, so I often just turn the blasted limits off before I even begin posing. This means that often times my poses will require limits to be turned off in order to apply correctly.

To turn limits off for the entire figure at once :
1. Go to the Scene tab.
2. Expand ALL Genesis body parts.
3. Select ALL Genesis figure body parts.
4. Then go to Edit --> Figure --> Limits --> Limits Off (Rotation).

Also, these poses were built on Blake, so they may also require some minor adjustment when using them with other Genesis shapes; especially where hands or arms meet the thighs/legs. Clothing choices may also affect the poses and require some manual adjustment on the user's part as well.

Included Files :
Head INJ/REM
Body INJ/REM
Full INJ/REM
1 Zeroing Pose (.duf format)
5 Full Body Poses (.duf format)

Required Files (for the morphs) :
DazStudio 4+
Genesis 1
Genesis Evolution : Head Morphs
Genesis Evolution : Body Morphs
Ethnicity for Genesis : Asian
Ethnicity for Genesis : Native American

Required Files (for the poses) :
DazStudio 4+
Genesis 1

Usage Rights :
Contents NOT for redistribution.
Sorry, but I do NOT allow my content to be used in Second Life for any reason.

http://www.childeoffyre.com/cof-blakenightwind.html
ShareCG :
COF Blake Nightwind for Genesis 1 - DAZ Studio - ShareCG
DeviantArt :
COF Blake Nightwind (Genesis 1)

cof-blake-sm.jpg

BlakeMainPromo.jpg

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
This is a package of 26 textures for Fisty's free Genesis ankle socks.

Some of the maps were done in greyscale, so if you don't like my color combinations, you can always set your own colors through the diffuse on the surfaces tab. There is a mix here between solid colors, and some variegated yarn type of colors. These textures were made along a knit sock/heavy duty winter sock type of theme.

Required Files :
Fisty's free Genesis Ankle Socks
DazStudio 4+

Included Files :
26 DazStudio MATs for the socks
17 Image Maps
1 Bump Map
1 Displacement Map

Usage Rights :
Contents NOT for redistribution.

http://www.childeoffyre.com/cof-wyntersox.html
ShareCG :
Wynter Sox for Fisty's free Genesis Ankle Socks - DAZ Studio
DeviantArt :
COF Wynter Sox For Fisty's Genesis Ankle Socks

cof-wyntersox-sm.jpg

WynterSox01.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I've been to your site before, and have some of these, but posting them here will, indeed, introduce a lot of folks to your site, and your good work. ;)

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
I too had some of your freebies but now have them all, ALL I SAY! Bahahaha! I was going to hold them for ransom but my plan appears to have problems ;-) Thank you so much for your hard work and generosity :geek:

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I too had some of your freebies but now have them all, ALL I SAY! Bahahaha! I was going to hold them for ransom but my plan appears to have problems ;-) Thank you so much for your hard work and generosity :geek:

Careful now, they might just revolt and go full-out mutiny on you. They're a lively bunch! :rofl: