• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Can anyone log into RDNA?

Hornet3d

Wise
Certainly a loss and seeing a good deal of what is left is for Poser I guess some of this may be lost forever. RDNA certainly offered something different, not only with the marketplace but also the galleries and the forums, a really sad loss. The only bright side I can see is that Hivewire3D was here to offer a home to both artists and vendors.

eclark1894

Visionary
Yep, when you are used to the way one software program works, using another of the same genre that does the same or similar things differently is NOT intuitive :). I am sure longtime DS users trying to learn Poser find the same thing :).

What I've found after using both programs for some time is that some things now feel more intuitive in Poser, and others more intuitive in DAZ Studio.

Some peoples' brains pick stuff like that up faster than others of us, too :)
I've used Poser since version 2. Right after that, they switched over to the Kai Krause interface they have now. I've often wondered who the hell Kai Krause was and what he was smoking that made him and his followers believe those stupid track balls were "intuitive". I still love Poser, but nothing would give me greater pleasure than to say goodbye to those stupid track balls... okay except saying goodbye to that stupid lighting thing a giz bob.:somad:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ya know what Earl? I completely closed both those palettes, as I never use them. Makes more room for other things I do need. ;)

The only time I might need the lights one is to delete lights, though some vendors now include Delete all Lights options in their light packs, so not needed as often at all.

Willowisp

Adventurous
And I'm one of those who LOVE the track balls :p I started with Daz Studio, but after I tried Poser, I never looked back. I just find it SO much more intuitive! People are certainly different ;)

eclark1894

Visionary
Ya know what Earl? I completely closed both those palettes, as I never use them. Makes more room for other things I do need. ;)

The only time I might need the lights one is to delete lights, though some vendors now include Delete all Lights options in their light packs, so not needed as often at all.
Actually, I think Poser has a Delete all Lights Python script included.

eclark1894

Visionary
And I'm one of those who LOVE the track balls :p I started with Daz Studio, but after I tried Poser, I never looked back. I just find it SO much more intuitive! People are certainly different ;)
If Poser would let you move around the scene like a trackball, then yeah.

Hornet3d

Wise
I have closed the camera trackball and lighting panel and instead use the camera Panel plus and light dots from Netherworks. Along with the camera panel plus I use a Space Navigator which seems to make the whole process so fluid. At times I even lock the characters eyes to a certain camera then move it into the scene, such as placing it behind another character's head. This means the facing character's eyes are almost looking through the other's head and giving some intensity to the look. Same principle as using a ball but by using visibility on the opposing head you can see the way the eyes look through the other camera.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Actually, I think Poser has a Delete all Lights Python script included.
Oh??? I'll have to check into that, but I know Fabi includes the option with all her light sets, and I have another set which has it as well, but it would be nice to know Poser, itself, has that option available.

If Poser would let you move around the scene like a trackball, then yeah.
I have to agree, and my main objection to the trackballs is I use a Wacom, which isn't the same as using a mouse for these sorts of situations, even though you CAN set the tip feel. I usually keep it dead center between light and firm, but I'd probably get more of a mouse feel if I moved it a bit more toward firm, because a mouse gets better traction for this sort of thing.

I've often wondered who the hell Kai Krause was and what he was smoking that made him and his followers believe those stupid track balls were "intuitive". I still love Poser, but nothing would give me greater pleasure than to say goodbye to those stupid track balls... okay except saying goodbye to that stupid lighting thing a giz bob.:somad:

Actually I do find them way easier to use than anything else and I do love the track ball camera and light. Much easier to use than Studio.

You and me both! :whistling:

I have to agree, and my main objection to the trackballs is I use a Wacom, which isn't the same as using a mouse for these sorts of situations, even though you CAN set the tip feel. I usually keep it dead center between light and firm, but I'd probably get more of a mouse feel if I moved it a bit more toward firm, because a mouse gets better traction for this sort of thing.

Can't you use a mouse with Wacom? I don't have a Wacom, but my pad came with mouse and pen.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Can't you use a mouse with Wacom? I don't have a Wacom, but my pad came with mouse and pen.
My very first Wacom came with a mouse and pen. The one I have now only came with a pen, and I don't think the tablet would recognize a non-Wacom mouse.

Besides, the reason I use a Wacom is because I suffer from acute CTS, so using a mouse regularly would be torture.

eclark1894

Visionary
Oh??? I'll have to check into that, but I know Fabi includes the option with all her light sets, and I have another set which has it as well, but it would be nice to know Poser, itself, has that option available.

Okay, I did find the script. It's under the Scripts menu, under the heading Utilities.

Miss B

CV-BEE
AHA there it is. The only time I used that section of the Scripts Menu was when I first installed Poser, and wanted to Uncompress Poser Files. Haven't looked at it since.

Thanks for the heads-up. ;)

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Had this objection too until I started using real trackball (camera, crude positioning, menus) + wacom (exact selecting and positioning, morphing).

D

Deleted member 325

... The only bright side I can see is that Hivewire3D was here to offer a home to both artists and vendors.
I only wish more had come over here - especially those whose products may end up being lost to the ether now. I still find all of it truly saddening.

I tried a friend's trackball once, but I couldn't get used to it.
I used to have a Kensington trackball and I loved the thing. Mostly because I didn't have to drag it around the desk. Then one day it stopped working, and when I went out to get a replacement, almost no-one had a trackball, and the one store that did, they were all ugly, no-name brand models. So now I mostly use an Optical wireless mouse. I have tried to get used to a tablet but have difficulty, and sadly can not afford one of those lovely Wacom touch-sensitive monitors (which I think would make all the difference).

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh I know what you mean about those Wacom tablets. My first one was a Graphire, and this one is a Bamboo. They don't make them any more. I would love to have the room for an Intuos, but sadly I don't. I also don't draw, so not sure I'd really get any use out of it if I did have the room.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Another update:

RuntimeDNA: Sitewide Download Reset

newsletter@runtimedna.com

Yesterday, 21:32You

Hello all

Due to the numerous requests we have had for download resets, we've reset all active account downloads on all purchases to zero, so that you may be assured you get a chance to download any products you purchased through RuntimeDNA.

Sincerely,

Syyd Raven

I assume the last day for downloads is still December 31st, so if you have any downloads outstanding or need to re-download anything now's the time! :)

D

Deleted member 325

Anyone else running into missing files in their downloads history? That is, the links are not there but the product is listed?