• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Can anyone log into RDNA?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ahhh, yes. I remember mutedbanshee. Tracey was friendly with Ann and Frank of ARTCollaborations, and I remember Ann telling me Tracey and Andi had decided to merge their stores. I just forgot the new name of the store. Thanks for the reminder.

Welcome :)
They did some collab items at RMP too. At least Tracey and Ann. Bought quite a few items over at ARTCollabs own store back in the day. And I probably have most of their stuff from their DAZ store.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I think most vendors were at some point at RMP, though MV were there as two stores I think: mutedbanshee for Tracey and Andi3D for Andrew. IIRC they had two stores at RDNA first as well before they decided to merge both into MortemVetus. I have some of Tracey's stuff under that name in my history.

I'm pretty sure they "merged" stores after they got married, correct?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I think most vendors were at some point at RMP, though MV were there as two stores I think: mutedbanshee for Tracey and Andi3D for Andrew. IIRC they had two stores at RDNA first as well before they decided to merge both into MortemVetus. I have some of Tracey's stuff under that name in my history.
I never realised that they had merged and become MortemVetus...learn something new every day.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
The newsletter states that MortemVetus are returning to Renderosity… which can only be a good thing because no one creates characters for M4 like MV!

Yes, I saw that too. I have so much MortemVetus M4 stuff I love. I only wish I was able to translate some of the textures I have into textures for Dusk. I love MoremVetus's scruffy characters. Luckily I'm pretty good at refitting the M4 clothing I have from them to Dusk. Glad to see this does mean continued M4 support, even if I wish there was Dusk support as well.

Yes, I saw that too. I have so much MortemVetus M4 stuff I love. I only wish I was able to translate some of the textures I have into textures for Dusk. I love MoremVetus's scruffy characters. Luckily I'm pretty good at refitting the M4 clothing I have from them to Dusk. Glad to see this does mean continued M4 support, even if I wish there was Dusk support as well.
With Texture Transformer you can turn M4 skins into Dusk skins. Works like a charm in the V4-Dawn version. And for clothes there's CrossDresser (and right now you can buy the licenses pretty cheap at their own store)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Yes...it would be great to see them do something for Dusk. I love their new character but I don't use M4 anymore. I could always get it and use it with the original genesis though...

D

Deleted member 325

OK, that's the impression I was getting, as I was pretty sure they had moved to DAZ with everyone else.

I don't recall if they were at R'osity before they were at RDNA, as I didn't really know of them back then, or if they were there at the same time as they were at RDNA. Either scenario is possible.

I did not know them as well from RMP, but they were among the Vendors at RDNA I would like to call friends. I worked with a lot of their products. As Jeanne Harmon said, they were originally 2 separate stores: Muted Banshee, and Andi3D.

They had chosen to go to Daz3D with many of the RDNA vendors, and this was one of the only reasons I even considered trying to make peace with Daz3D was to keep working with those I considered friends (we all know how that turned out though).

I will say, I am happy to see them offering their products at a non Daz3D store. I have mostly been out of touch with them since their move to Daz3D for a variety of reasons which I am not sure I can share. It will be good to be able to purchase their newer creations though, and I hope maybe to re-establish contact and become friends again (though a lot of people are mad at me for abandoning FB, unsure if they are among them).

I only hope to see more of my favorite vendors abandon Daz3D over time for more open and diverse stores.
Yes...it would be great to see them do something for Dusk. I love their new character but I don't use M4 anymore. I could always get it and use it with the original genesis though...
Yes it would be fantastic. I have tried to talk them into a few times when we were all at RDNA.

They had chosen to go to Daz3D with many of the RDNA vendors, and this was one of the only reasons I even considered trying to make peace with Daz3D
I think they did this as customer service like some others. After all the products once bought at RDNA will appear in your DAZ account when they go into their store, even when it's only a short time and they later pull that product from DAZ. So I appreciate it.

Hadn't bought at DAZ in a very long time due to no Poser items. Only due to RDNA merging with DAZ and DAZ throwing away the items very cheap, I grabbed some I missed.

I only hope to see more of my favorite vendors abandon Daz3D over time for more open and diverse stores.
I wouldn't mind that either, but I can also settle for pure Poser supported items at DAZ.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
With Texture Transformer you can turn M4 skins into Dusk skins. Works like a charm in the V4-Dawn version. And for clothes there's CrossDresser (and right now you can buy the licenses pretty cheap at their own store)

The thought did cross my mind that turning their attention to Dusk (and Hivewire3D) would be sweet. While I would love to use Dusk more I can't because, at the moment he just doesn't have the support he needs which means I'm pretty well tied to M4 in my work. A pipe dream I know but it would be such a boost to see MV turn their attention to Dusk and give him a range of excellent characters like the one's they've produced for M4 over the years!

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
Yes it would be fantastic. I have tried to talk them into a few times when we were all at RDNA.

MV isn't abandoning Daz they are just moving some of their products to Rendo. It is quite clearly stated in a post at Daz.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I get hives when I go to the DAZ forums :p

Seriously.

I was researching some info a week or so ago and one of the links was to a topic in the DAZ forums. Don't you know, I'm now dealing with a hives flareup. Fortunately, it settles down by the afternoon, but the mornings are pure torture. Yeah, yeah. I know. Just a coincidence. Maybe ...

You're not paranoid when someone really is out to get you ;)

Anyway ... the MortemVetus post I read seemed to state it was only older M4 products they were moving to Renderosity. I'm always curious why someone splits their products between multiple stores.

Hornet3d

Wise
Despite using Dawn I still use M4 a great deal and I love the MortemVetus products. I can't say I like Rendo too much these days but I have to admit I picked up the MV Herne that appeared there a couple of days ago and I he appears in my recent renders. I suspect that they will sell a little more at Rendo, I think a lot of Poser users just don't bother with Daz3d these days. I still look but you do have to hunt very hard for anything new for Poser.

The other problem with Rendo is that the splitting of the Poser forum into threads for particular versions has killed off an already dying forum. Problem is many of the queries are not version specific so some potentially interesting information is lost in the mire that now exists. So a similar result as to that at Daz, it is so hard to find anything of interest a large number of people will just do not bother.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Absolutely. If I can't filter products first by application (and then by figure), I get frustrated and give up looking for something I can use. Especially, when a store has limited support for the application (and figures) one uses and over a decade of products.

The last year or so of my DAZ PC membership, I found very little new I could use ... and of that vast library of older products, there wasn't much that appealed to me. What had ... I already owned :p So, once the subscription finally expired, so did my visits.

I hate that it's so hard for me to wrap my head around DAZ Studio. I mean ... I learned how to play baseball right handed! Surely being left handed, if I could do that, I could do anything. Right?

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I hate that it's so hard for me to wrap my head around DAZ Studio. I mean ... I learned how to play baseball right handed! Surely being left handed, if I could do that, I could do anything. Right?

You know, I think part of what makes DS so difficult to learn is twofold - 1) it changes so frequently; and 2) there's no documentation because of 1).

It's the same thing I'm finding very frustrating with 3DCoat. There are tons and tons of videos and tutorials on how to use 3DCoat all over the internet. But, those videos don't match the software I purchased. Menu items are gone or in another place. The ability to do core functions of the software are compromised because I can't FIND the option in the software.

I'm not slamming either product, just explaining why I find both nearly impossible to use.