• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Caisson's Products at HiveWire 3D

caisson

Admirable
Contributing Artist
Now that I'm live at the Hive, hello all!

I'll be using this thread to show things I'm working on as well as finished products.

Comments, questions, & constructive criticisms are very welcome!

-------------------

Gogmagog was the mythical last giant of Albion, & is my first release at Hivewire. From standing on a cold Norfolk beach trying to capture my first panoramic skies to figuring out how to make screen recordings it's been an interesting if sometimes frustrating journey to get here; think I'll kick off my boots & unwind a little if that's alright ...

[URL=https://community.hivewire3d.com/media/in-black-white.3657/] [/URL]

For the video demonstration of Gogmagog, click here.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Yay, welcome to the Hive, Caisson!

What a great product to start out here as a CA :). Look forward to many more !

And the video is awesome - be SURE to watch it, folks

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Caisson, indeed... kick off the boots. Welcome.

I was really excited to see your product submission, and now very stoked to see it available in the HiveWire store. It's a beauty! Very robust with lots of options.

You are very talented, and we're so glad to see this product here!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Welcome to the HiveWire forums and, of course, the HiveWire store.

Looking forward to seeing what else you come up with. ;)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Awesome and WELCOME!! I'd snap your new product up if it worked in Poser 2014!!! PLEASE.... would you set it up for us "P2014 users"?! :)

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Rendered in Cararra

caisson

Admirable
Contributing Artist
Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Lyne - the two reasons I've deliberately listed the set for P11 are time & quality - setting up, testing, adjusting etc for 2 very different render engines adds up fast. Plus, I don't even have PP2014 installed now because I get far better results from Superfly than Firefly. I didn't want to spend the time setting up, or provide official support for, a version that I knew I couldn't get the same quality of results from.

However, the props do have dual materials so will work in Firefly (except the nettle props, they would need a simple fix first). The materials for the Ground in P11 could be applied to other props for PP2014 - the ground texture is a seamless tile that can be applied to any UV-mapped object like the Poser Ground (which is a flat plane in PP2014); the skies can be applied to a free dome like bagginsbill's EnvDome. Unofficially it could be made to work in PP2014 but it wouldn't look as good as the promo renders.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Thanks for the welcome everyone!

Lyne - the two reasons I've deliberately listed the set for P11 are time & quality - setting up, testing, adjusting etc for 2 very different render engines adds up fast. Plus, I don't even have PP2014 installed now because I get far better results from Superfly than Firefly. I didn't want to spend the time setting up, or provide official support for, a version that I knew I couldn't get the same quality of results from.

However, the props do have dual materials so will work in Firefly (except the nettle props, they would need a simple fix first). The materials for the Ground in P11 could be applied to other props for PP2014 - the ground texture is a seamless tile that can be applied to any UV-mapped object like the Poser Ground (which is a flat plane in PP2014); the skies can be applied to a free dome like bagginsbill's EnvDome. Unofficially it could be made to work in PP2014 but it wouldn't look as good as the promo renders.

Ah, I totally understand....and because I'm very comfortable in the material room, I'm tempted....as long as the nodes that plug into the surface are visible IN p2014...last I saw for A P11 product, the material room didn't have nodes sort of...what showed up in P2014 were words and horizontal lines everywhere....SO... Anyone that bought this and does have both Poser versions- could you show a screen-cap of the Advanced material room view? I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO GIVE THIS SUPER PRODUCT A TRY... "UNOFFICALLY"...GRIN!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Lynn, that happens when the nodes are too far from the edge of the shader window. Poser can't display a node with a position like ... pos 112342 45.

You can fix the node positions by opening the mc6 in a text editor and do a search on pos.
Then change any of those huge numbers to something Poser can handle like ... pos 240 45.

The first pos number is horizontal position (distance from the left of the shader window), second pos number is vertical position (distance from top of shader window)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
So far, the problems I've run into with P2014, is that you probably should load the props separately rather than using the scene file. If you want to use the scene file, you need to remove the references to the Construct (prop Ground) in the file.

Also, you have to connect the Colour Node (Texture file) to the Diffuse Node.
upload_2017-9-17_9-38-4.png

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Rendered in PP2014 with the Gogmagog Sun light. Gogmagog renders BEAUTIFULLY in PP2014.
Again, the ONLY material change was to connect the Colour Node to the Diffuse Node for the Nettles.

I had edited the scene file to remove the Construct prop information and replaced it with the Poser ground prop information from another scene file. Would be easier to just remove the Construct (Ground) prop information if you want to use the scene file.

I used the Studio Ground from my Nouvelle Aube Studio product because I didn't want a flat ground, and the RDNA IDL Sphere.

Gogmagog PP2014 Test.jpg