• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Building my portfolio

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Gorgeous Dan! I too love the underwater world. Getting to snorkle and dive the Great Barrier Reef in 2009 is one of my most special memories.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Gorgeous render Dan. Great composition. Amazing with all the detail you got into that!

Dan30

Adventurous
It took a while to put together. And overall, it's the result of many trials, frustrations and accumulated understanding over a rather large period of time since Iray was introduced...
I thank you all for the kind words. I am also pleased I was finally able to create such a scene to my satisfaction. At some point I was afraid I was not going to be able to render it as it crashed Studio a few times, maybe when trying to add too much geometry into it. But I nailed it in the end...;)

Dan30

Adventurous
My 11th Annual Open Rendering Season Contest 2017 submission. I named it "What's your heading Captain?"
Best of luck to all participants and have fun rendering!
upload_2017-6-21_5-56-28.jpeg

Dan30

Adventurous
Thank you VB! I think it's always a good idea to add a little subtle humor when appropriate. They say it's good for health too!:laugh:
It was also meant to have some deeper undertones with regards to what we humans do to our environment and cohabitants of our Mother Earth.
Hopefully, it will mean something for some and inspire more action in this respect...

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Stunning. The glints of light off of the water... just so realistic. Love it!

Dan30

Adventurous
Watching so many portraits in various galleries made me want to try my hand attempting a portrait myself. Since I never did one digitally, I thought starting with one notorious character of the seas, non other than Edward Teach, a.k.a. Blackbeard. So this is my take on him... I hope you like it.
upload_2017-7-9_0-38-4.jpeg