• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Building my portfolio

Dan30

Adventurous
Since Halloween is nearly upon us, I was inspired to make this funny piece I called "Bad spells and a broken broom - a story of a modern witch". :laugh:
Thank you for stopping by...

upload_2018-10-13_21-31-27.jpeg

Dan30

Adventurous
A water project I am working on and I thought I would showcase the capabilities of this "rig", rendering this image as a close-up caption of what happens above as well as below water in a single image, using a well chosen camera angle.
The main concept of what I am working on is producing refractive caustics that can be seen also from above the water not just from under it, that can also produce realistic light-shafts and best of all, this approach does not need additional volumes or projectors. The goal is making the water look more realistic from above as well as from below. This will be an Iray only product.(hopefully)

Enjoy "A dip in the briny sea" :)

Thank you for viewing and Happy Easter everyone!
upload_2019-4-22_23-8-39.jpeg

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Beautiful images!! I really like the colors in the last one, but the bubbles and lighting are very realistic in the 2nd one. Gorgeous work once again. LOL Really adore your render with the cat the strange tree and the motorcycle ....... So dramatic and magical!! =)

Dan30

Adventurous
Hello again everyone!

Wanted to show you the finalized coastal water module of my water project, with the clear tropical shading preset. The modular approach paid off as I was able to add proper realistic shore sea foam in case one may want to render beach scenes or similar. So here are some (better) example renders with the last pass I made to the water.

Apart from some shading variations in terms of color and water transparency, I intend to make a deep sea choppy water geometry surface with random non directional waves as well as a nice and hopefully realistic stormy sea. Since now the basic shading and rendering set-up structure is done, I expect the rest of the project to go at a faster pace.

As you may realize, I am aiming to create the most realistic ocean water I can (that can be done with Iray anyway) and not going to rush anything that will be detrimental to visual quality, thus trying to overcome my own personal water rendering frustrations and achieve my long desired expectations as well.

Hope you like the final look and as always, any kind of feedback and constructive critique is most welcomed.
upload_2019-5-19_15-57-42.jpeg

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Holy Cow!! Those look awesome!! ..........although........... after having watched The Shallows and Jaws................. rather gives me the creeps with Dawn swimming! *shudder*

Last edited:

Dan30

Adventurous
best looking DS/Iray water I have ever seen Dan, top work.
LOL Szark, I have to agree with you! :laugh: Thank you so much!
Holy Cow!! Those look awesome!! ..........although........... after having watch The Shallows and Jaws................. rather gives me the creeps with Dawn swimming! *shudder*
Napalm, you made me laugh! You are refreshingly funny ! Thank you kindly. Rest assured, no sharks and other baddies in my waters.;)

Szark

Awesome
My pleasure Dan. I know what work is going into this having tired to do it myself, I just never got around to implementing all the knowledge plus I found it had to get believable waves from Blender water sim. On top of that I just don't have the time anymore. I glad someone else is finally doing it and boy what a great job you are doing. I hope it sells really well for you. I have a few images planned already once I get my hands on it. :)