• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Building my portfolio

Hornet3d

Wise
Watching so many portraits in various galleries made me want to try my hand attempting a portrait myself. Since I never did one digitally, I thought starting with one notorious character of the seas, non other than Edward Teach, a.k.a. Blackbeard. So this is my take on him... I hope you like it.
View attachment 27413

I like doing portraits so I know how hard they can be, then again nothing I have produced would match this. Seeing this is your first one I am even more impressed. Shows a great deal of character and the menace of the individual.

Dan30

Adventurous
Thank you so much everyone for the kind comments! I really enjoyed making it and am really glad you guys like it.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Looks great. The vascularity in the hands gives it a more realistic look!

Dan30

Adventurous
An attempt to a cinematic look of a seascape at sunset. Called it The Guiding Lights.

upload_2017-9-5_12-56-47.jpeg

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Gorgeous Dan!! I really love the refection you have there, and with the bouy in there it rather reminds me of that scene from Jaws 2 off of Cable Junction!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Thank you kindly Alisa, Miss B, NapalmArsenal.
@NapalmArsenal I like your vivid imagination!:) Have you watched "The shallows"? There, the main character makes a fantastic use of a light-buoy !

Yes, I have seen that one also with Blake Lively!! LOL ............ Wonderful use of the bouy and go-pro for that matter!! I happen to have a fondness for suspense thrillers such as those.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
WOW Dan, that's a really gorgeous piece there. Congratulations on a very serene piece.