• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Body Type-8 for Dawn

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Body Type-8 for Dawn (Poser and DS)

Type-8 is now in the second round of beta-testing, and is almost ready for the store. I have been working on it in parallel with Type-7, which is currently on the store, waiting for QAV.

This stylized body sculpt is long, curvy, and slender. The body is toned, but not bulky, thin but not anorexic. I tried to make it balanced in shape and proportions.

Promo00_1000x1300.jpg

Here's the 3-sides view. As with the others from this series, I didn't change the head, but in my personal renders, I live to scale the head down by 10%. I guess it depends on personal taste.

Promo02_600x800.jpg

Here's a close-up to the torso front side, where I have added a lot of anatomical curvy details, to include a more protruding hip bone. The custom breasts shape has a natural slope.

Promo03_600x800.jpg

Here's the back torso side, where I made new and unique custom thighs, buttocks, and a slender back.

Promo04_600x800.jpg

I am very happy with this shape, where once again, nothing was left untouched. I still have to make more (ugh!) promos, and wait for the beta-testing results. In the 2nd round it was just a little detail, so I think this is almost ready to go! ^____^

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Today we have concluded the 2rd round of beta-testing, and everything is dandy now. I had the product submitted to the store today, and I am awaiting confirmation of acceptance, after which it goes to Alisa for QAV. Now I have time to start beta-testing Perfect Pelvis for Dawn. :)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Body Type-8 is currently with Alisa on QAV. Here's an animation I made with it today. The original was twice the size, but I couldn't post it here because of file upload size limitations. You can see the full size by clicking the animation.

Last edited:

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Today I went through the first batch of QAV with Alisa, with just one minor issue. Her team caught something I missed (kudos!), and when I was fixing it I realized the DS version was missing those correction morphs, so I added them now. Now the 2 versions match exactly. ^^

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I had to advance some of the work so I could reserve some time to study Unity3D and C# programming, which is what I have been doing since last week. :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
There's a popular class for Unity (and a couple of other game engines) over at Udemy, which is where I'm taking a Blender class. They're all by the same main instructor, so they also have a community where folks are posting stuff for projects in each class. I'm not interested in gaming, but sometimes it's interesting to see what they're up to.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I was already a game programmer before I became an artist, and I went to 3D modeling because of games I was making - before turning to Poser. I have along history of making games, with over 50 just posted at my DeviantArt gallery. The thing is, it makes little sense to write all the code from scratch as I have been doing until now, creating my own game engines. It's about time I start using existing battle-proven engines like Unity3D. I find it quite versatile, allowing 2D and 3D games for multiple platforms, even if it feels a bit on the heavy side. The smallest of games made with Unity will end up with at least 50MB files, which is way more than I was used to. But I guess it's the price we have to pay for convenience.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Actually, at the end of the Blender course I'm taking, if I ever get there, is a section on creating gaming assets. Should be interesting. A lot of the folks taking the Unity class are also taking (or have already taken) the Blender class.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I can do my contents in MAX, but it could be useful to learn Blender because it's free. Autodesk software is still mainstream in the industry, and are more prone to give me a job than Blender. Those are the things I consider. I have tried to get into Blender once, but couldn't get passed the interface. I came out with the impression that the Blender workflow was very inefficient. I could do the same job in MAX with a small fraction of the number of mouse clicks required by Blender. It was just too much clicking. Blender used to be famous for its cumbersome workflow, but maybe things will improve over time. Blender has a huge and active community that help improving it.

Karth

Eager
Contributing Artist
The Body Morphs are so beautiful :)
Maybe im stupid, i am wondering about the Head Morphs . Did you share them too ?
Great Animation.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I can do my contents in MAX, but it could be useful to learn Blender because it's free. Autodesk software is still mainstream in the industry, and are more prone to give me a job than Blender. Those are the things I consider. I have tried to get into Blender once, but couldn't get passed the interface. I came out with the impression that the Blender workflow was very inefficient. I could do the same job in MAX with a small fraction of the number of mouse clicks required by Blender. It was just too much clicking. Blender used to be famous for its cumbersome workflow, but maybe things will improve over time. Blender has a huge and active community that help improving it.
Actually, what most folks I know hate about Blender is not mouse clicks, but keyboard keystrokes. IOW, Blender has tons of key combinations to get what you want done, or at least get you to the section of the UI you need to get what you want done.

I happen to like the UI, but I've been using Blender since version 2.4x, and that UI was so unprofessional looking it was a joke. Now that I've worked in the Maya Educational version I've been playing in while taking another course at Udemy, I don't find that Blender's UI is all that difficult to learn. I think most folks who were coming from very easy modeling software, such as Wings3D, would find it confusing, but I've somewhat grown up with it, so to speak.

If you want to try out Blender, wait until version 2.8 comes out of beta, supposedly next month, because it's going to include it's new EEVEE real time render engine, and as an Octane user, I think you might like that. I'm not into working with beta software, unless I'm on the beta team, so I've only seen screenshots and such of what the new UI is going to look like. The moderator of the Blender forum at Renderosity posted a link to a group of videos at YouTube that were created by the dev team that's working on this new version. If you're interested, I'll get you the link so you can check out what it has to offer. I haven't had a chance to look at them yet.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
The Body Morphs are so beautiful :)
Maybe im stupid, i am wondering about the Head Morphs . Did you share them too ?
Great Animation.

Thank you! The head morph in the animation is Amelia for Dawn, which is DS only. I bought it at Rendo, and I have been using it a lot. It took me a while, but I managed to convert it to Poser.

If you want to try out Blender, wait until version 2.8 comes out of beta, supposedly next month, because it's going to include it's new EEVEE real time render engine, and as an Octane user, I think you might like that.

I have plans to get into Blender, but drawing classes, learning Modo, Substance Painter, Unity, and C# have been consuming all of my available time, besides working on Poser/DS products. The days have not been long enough to me. Blender always ends up pushed to the end of the queue. Maybe that's a good thing, because it will give the new features more time to mature.

Miss B

CV-BEE
You're quite welcome Desertsilver. The moderator of the Blender forum at Renderosity first mentioned them to me a couple of years ago. The nice thing about their classes, aside from the nice pricing when they're having sales, is you get lifetime access, so you can take as long as you want to finish the courses. I can't remember ever seeing that anywhere before.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Congrats on 2 new products, Ken.
And thanks for mentioning Udemy, Miss B!! I had never heard of it and it is really affordable!

Thank you! Hope you like them. :)

You're quite welcome Desertsilver. The moderator of the Blender forum at Renderosity first mentioned them to me a couple of years ago. The nice thing about their classes, aside from the nice pricing when they're having sales, is you get lifetime access, so you can take as long as you want to finish the courses. I can't remember ever seeing that anywhere before.

I guess "lifetime access" is the nice way of saying they won't allow you to download the course videos. Another site that sells online courses is Zenva.com, and they say the same thing, :)