• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Blender Help, Forums And Tutorial Links

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Thanks for the link. I'll have to run over there and d/l it right away. ;)

Well, the link you both provided sent me to a Page Not Found, but I just clicked on the Download link in the menu, and found it here --> Blender 2.77

Last edited:

eclark1894

Visionary
I'm not sure I need to upgrade yet. Cycles is the only reason I can see for doing so at the moment and I don't know if it's really worth it.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Well I downloaded it, but I'm not rushing to upgrade as yet, but probably will soon.

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
I'm not sure I need to upgrade yet. Cycles is the only reason I can see for doing so at the moment and I don't know if it's really worth it.
Booleans? If you don't using something like HardOps.
And - and it's godsend -
Missing Libraries
Missing libraries won’t mean the disappearing of your linked datablocks anymore. Now, 'placeholders' datablocks are created instead at read time, which replace missing (directly) linked ones.
This allows user to:
  • Edit and save .blend files even while some libs are missing, without loosing content referenced from those missing libs.
  • Edit missing libs paths in the Outliner, save & reload main .blend file, and get missing linked datablocks back.
And upgrading Blender... I'm using local configs with Blender, so upgrade is unpack blender, copy addons and copy config dir.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, I always copy my config folder because I'd hate to have to remember every little thing I've set up over the years. ;)

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, I may have missed it when I was setting this thread up again after we got the new forum software.

Let me check my offline copy and see if I can find it.

eclark1894

Visionary
I think she linked to a thread in the old forum. I found a link in a thread I had posted over at Rendo, but it was no longer working.

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, I sent her a PM, but I don't think she's on the forum every day, so it may take a while to get it here.

Meanwhile, you have the link for reference if you need it now. :)

Lissa_xyz

I break polygons.
I just posted an "official" quick and dirty repost. It will be expanded as I go. I should have some time Sunday to add in the proper images and such. I did add a link to the archived thread. I also tagged Kobaltkween in case she's still hanging around and there is anything she feels necessary to add since she played a huge part in getting the right settings.

New link: Poser <-> Blender (repost from previous forum)

Lissa_xyz

I break polygons.
Will do!

Just a heads up, been working on decluttering and packing so im in/out. My dad gets here on the 19th, and I officially leave for Illinois on the 21st. It'll take us a few days drive and some time until I'm settled in enough to start being active on a regular basis again. So until then, it'll all you chica. :p