• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Bejeweled and Fantasy sets:WIP

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
DS set is now in the box for testing.
The little png sets look different than the actual renders so I will need to do new ones tomorrow but meanwhile files are ready to test.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Has any of the Poser testers found any issues with this latest edit?
If not, as soon as I know the DS set is okay, I will do a few more promos and submit the package.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Finally, testers feedback says no errors now. :)
Will get this back in line for store testing tonight or tomorrow.

Now on to work on pack two.
I'm trying to get some good promos for the store pages for it but hard to stay at it long when hands start hurting. :(
I found that FK-Exibarah set Exi-04 really shows off the sparkles on these horses. :)

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Does anyone know the proper way to create a transmap that gives the look of plastic or ceramic manes and tails?
I've got a set that looks almost like the carousel manes, tails and fets but it needs a bit more work and I am not sure how.

mininessie

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
i think the strands need to be wide and rounded at the end...don´t know if i explain it well...better an image

example.jpg

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I think it still uses normal mane/tail (rocking horses often have real horse hair, so too do some carousels but not many)
Yes, I just checked it in the store. Oh well, it was an idea. Maybe a reference photo of a carousel horse might help.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I have some and the manes all have that filed in look but slick and glossy.

Edit: The DAZ horse has a carousel set of textures but it's mane was one single piece.