• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Bejeweled and Fantasy sets:WIP

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
That's why I think it would need to be a separate prop to get that plastic "helmet hair" look :D

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Nice reference photo Rae. I just did a search and came up with a whole slew of images.

OK, it seems I can't give you a link, as the URL is only for the search engine's "search" page.

I don't use Google any more, so it may just be the search engine I use.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
That's okay, Miss B, I have the Google links for them bookmarked so I can get ideas and all. :)

Edit: Rae, I think that look is what they have on the Milhorse Carnival Horses.
Milhorse has one mane prop without all the parts added to get it to look like real hair.
So it is easier to get the look.
Wonder if just using the center mane textured would do that?
Maybe CWRW would know. :D

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I think it might be best when time for me to submit the, to release one at a time for the Sweet Deals.

And make life easier for the store testing team. :laugh:

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Yes, I just checked it in the store. Oh well, it was an idea. Maybe a reference photo of a carousel horse might help.

A few years ago I went to the carousel in San Francisco's Golden Gate Park and another one at the Zeum, there are a lot of reference photos here: Carousels

The carousel in the Zeum had a real creepy feel. It wasn't until I started taking pictures and noticed all the little heads and other things on the horses and realized that's why it gave off that feel.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Wow!
I noticed with the poses and styles if my IWC DS sets are applied to poses like that the give that carousel look because of the gloss.
I think the poser set will too. :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
When I was a kid growing up, we lived diagonally across a main thoroughfare from a carousel, that has been in operation, at least that I remember, from the 1950s, though probably longer. A half a block down the cross street which ran along side the carousel led to a very large open band shell, where my high school had it's first outdoor graduation the year I graduated, because our graduating class was too large to have in the school auditorium if the graduates wanted to bring more than one family member to the festivities. Luckily we had a nice bright sunny day. :)

As you can see in this picture of the carousel I found on Wikipedia, not all the animals were horses. ;)

Forest Park Carousel

Oh, and here's a picture I found of the band shell were we had graduation.

Forest Park Theater

Last edited:

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
They have a Forest Park in Saint Louis, MO.

I remember the carousels from carnivals as I was growing up, there were different animals too, and seats on them.
Which is why I soooo badly want the dragon when it is ready, for my carousel look sets. :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh now I've never seen a dragon on a carousel, but it would be a really nice edition. :)

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Yes, I'd love to BeJeweled and IWC on the dragon.
And would love to see someone do a Carousel and for some fantasy work for it too.
Maybe do some tiny Fairies and elves decorating it on the seats and framework.

Oh how I wish I knew how to model objects, my imagination is running wild! :laugh: