• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Bejeweled and Fantasy sets:WIP

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Good to know Pen, I think I have that, will be good to play with but it wouldn't be something we could offer to go with the textures. (could do a pose pack and everything, would be very cool)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Just a quick render with Whisper...I had to scale whisper up. Harry would need to be scaled down.
I don't see why you couldn't offer textures and poses for it as long as you included it in the requirements.

Hivewire sells genesis morphs so I don't see how this would be different but if you're worried check with Lisa.
carousel.jpg

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
If you wanted textures for the carousel to match your jeweled horses, you could also sell it as a serpent optional package, so people wouldn't feel like they needed the carousel to use the jewel horses.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Hmm, looks like an easy object to model but morphing or animating is another matter. :)
Pen, do yo also understand the Poser material room?
I created a texture foe BeJeweled that came out so pretty but wonder how to convert the setting to DS.
I used a math node, connected an color ramp and the texture map.
For the math node I set it to subtract.
Now I have no idea what DS setting to match a math/subtract node would be or how to set it up.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Hi FL, I know a little bit about ShaderMixer not everything will convert well. What does the color ramp do? SM has math nodes and the image maps that part should be easy. Can you show me a network and how it looks? PM me if you don't want to post it here and I'll try to replicate it in SM or even brave iRay for it.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I'll do a screen grab of it in a bit if the storm doesn't hit too soon.
We get so many storms this time of year...ugh.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Hey Pen, look whose having fun :D

(ignore the background it was a test and I like the lighting this HDRi did) and as this was a test I didn't bother too much with changing the other horses etc, I just wanted to see what it would look like with Harry and the BeJeweled textures.
carousel 2.jpg

Pendraia's Diva for Dawn (I think she still has Dawn SE texture on tho), custom texture for the Classic Tack and the Daz Carnival Carousel.

Last edited:

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
These are so pretty. I'm so excited. I know how great you guys Kitty Ponies are, and these look every bit as good. What's especially great is with the Kitty Ponies, I just want hug and snuggle them. I feel like I want to put these up on a shelf where they won't break. You look at them and you really feel like there is a physical texture that you could touch.