• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Anime Dawn Begins!!

CajunBeauty

Adventurous
If I can just learn how to make things I would help add to the product lines over here for sure. I love Dawn way better than V4 and some of the Genesis girls. She poses way better too.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Paul did some excellent work on the rigging...and put that with Chris's modelling and we have a fantastic team.

Learning starts with one step...and there are lots of helpful people here if you decide you want to give it a try! They even managed to help me get Diva into Poser which I thought was not very likely...

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I love the Anime Dawn so far!! I hope we can get some anime morphs as well so we can mix up a more unique anime character as well like different Anime eye shapes, nose and mouth shapes as well as head and body shapes. Possiblities are numerous with this one.

I do plan to add in some specific Anime eye, nose, mouth and feature shapes, just not the extreme traditional looks, but a rather stylized look more fitting to this particular character. Dawn's morphs from her other products can still be used all over this figure.

CajunBeauty

Adventurous
I do plan to add in some specific Anime eye, nose, mouth and feature shapes, just not the extreme traditional looks, but a rather stylized look more fitting to this particular character. Dawn's morphs from her other products can still be used all over this figure.
I can't wait!! I hope I get to create with her too.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm not really into anime, but that doesn't mean I can't have my mind changed. ;)

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Thanks for the support folks.

Here's the added belt, more for an added visual element really, but it does hold a few shells. Outfit modeling is now finished in my view.

Now onto some facial anime specific morphs. Then back to Kitty morphs.

AnimeDawn59.JPG
AnimeDawn60.JPG
AnimeDawn61.JPG

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
She keeps getting better and better. I hope she will have Iray toon materials!!

Yeah, me too. We need an artist to create texture maps for this character. I'm thinking it would be possible to stylize the existing skin maps that are a Merchant resource created by Virtual World. We need the Pony Tail hairstyle that I've been showing mapped also. We also need some killer map work for the clothing for this base character too.

If anyone out there has interest in being involve in this project you can email me directly at chris@hivewire3d.com. We just don't have the internal resources to get the needed map work completed. We could tie you in to the royalty on this product or perhaps buy your map work or a mix of both.

Here's the latest thinking. We're very strongly considering making this Anime Dawn character a stand alone that would not require folks to purchase the Dawn base product in order to get your hands on this character. The Dawn morphs would still work, but we don't want to add the layer of requiring Dawn. We feel we could potentially have a greater adoption of this product, especially from those that might be attracted to this character but aren't interested in Dawn. Still peculiar to me that many are so quick to dismiss Dawn even after we've released SR1, SR2, and our S.E. versions. I know many have their theories as to the rational, and I'm not really interested in getting into those. We continue to move forward the best we can with the artists and customers that are happy to support our efforts.

I would however like to hear thoughts to the pros and cons of presenting this figure as a stand alone. Overall I feel this is a solid move and the right move for us. Thoughts?

I do appreciate PaganEagle chiming in with a name suggestion for this character. We'll put together a short list for folks to consider and get reactions to.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Interesting idea Chris...would it still work inside of the standard Dawn or only usable through loading the Anime Dawn file? Sorry not sure how this will look when implemented...

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I think I like your thoughts on a separate character Chris. Not everyone would go for anime, but those who would, might not have interest in having Dawn as well.

Then again, I'm also thinking, and I have no way of knowing how you folks choose your pricing, and whether or not the separate figure would cost a lot more than just a character morph for Dawn would, so some would prefer the Dawn character morph if they already have Dawn, in order to save some expense.

Both have their pros and cons, so it's going to be interesting to see whether folks would vote for the separate figure, or a character morph for Dawn.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@Pendraia I am pretty sure this would still work with Dawn since this IS Dawn after all.

@Chris It's understandable where you are coming from, for I have seen some opposition in 1st hand. Conversely, Anime Dawn might be what these people were waiting for. Or if not, it might help them see Dawn under a new light, since some of the opposition was coming from the lack of morph variety. I could see such reactions from people out there when I've shown them what could be done with just body scaling - using no morphs at all, where people didn't even recognize it was Dawn under the hood.

I think people just need to SEE new shapes coming out for Dawn - female shapes that add style variety, since different people like different things. In good part, the opposition I have seen out there might be related to simply bad timing. Many weren't fond of the original texture, and that was lingering for a long time until SE came out. I know that may sound rather silly, but that has comprised the majority of the talk I've seen out there. Literally judging the book by the cover.

Personally, I have learned a lot by following the Dusk development. Remember our talk about the "Marshmallow Man"? The default shape really represents good part of the figure adoption decision value. Dawn SE took care of that part, though I just think it took too long (Gen3F was released in the meanwhile), hence the bad timing.

On one hand, Anime Dawn will add value to Dawn and turn some heads. On the other, haters will be haters - they don't shop at HW3D to start with, and selling Anime Doll as a figure might not change that. From my personal experience, people buy figures that get a lot of support, and you know how I feel about this when it comes to Dawn. Like Caesar used to say, "Quod populus volo ad populum" (give people what the people want), and I don't mean the Coliseum lions. LOL :D

Anime Dawn will be a major step to help positioning Dawn in the market, but she still needs an SR3 to update her built-in morphs set. Like I did with SR-2, I will be happy to contribute with suggestions. :)

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
I would however like to hear thoughts to the pros and cons of presenting this figure as a stand alone. Overall I feel this is a solid move and the right move for us. Thoughts?

Hmm interesting. I have to say I like the idea of her as a standalone if she can easily use Dawn's content, especially clothing and hair. I first ran into Dawn a while back before the SE was released, but never did anything with her because I was still new enough to 3D that she seemed limited in comparison to v4. I think very differently now, but that was my first impression, in part because there didn't seem to be much content for her at the time.

It was the Daz/RDNA merger that got me looking back at your site and at Dawn. Most of the stuff I'm currently using is dynamic so when I realized that it was very easy to v4 dynamics on Dawn I was sold, because it meant that I wasn't starting at zero content wise. And then I got to really appreciate her controls etc.

It sounds like a lot of what you want to do is get more people looking at Hivewire, and I think making this Anime figure a parallel figure to the Dawn SE might be a good way to go. Personally one thing that has made me more comfortable spending my money at HiveWire is that instead of a Dawn1 Dawn2 and so on that required new content you've been improving a base figure. Of course that might be an argument for making her a morph.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Really good sound thinking comments folks. Sure do appreciate the input. We definitely value your input, feedback and opinions on this. Please keep them coming. We have some time to decide still, in the meantime I'm moving on to facial morphs today.

Another thing on this though, we wouldn't release this figure as a stand alone unless the existing Dawn morphs could work and be of extra value. Cranium is the same as Dawn and so any existing hairstyles would still work just fine too. And of course it's the same UVs and mesh.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@Chris The stand alone version would take existing Dawn morphs, right? How would that work if the default shape, and possibly joint origins would be different? In addition, if I create morphs for Anime Dawn, they probably wouldn't work with Dawn, since the default shape would be different, right? I am curious on how would that work out for CAs.

3dOutlaw

On one hand, Anime Dawn will add value to Dawn and turn some heads. On the other, haters will be haters - they don't shop at HW3D to start with, and selling Anime Doll as a figure might not change that.

Ah! An "AnimeDoll" freudian slip! She was/is a classic! ;-)

Looking good!