• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Anime Dawn Begins!!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Thanks for the Info, Miss B. I didn't have the time to go through the site to see what was still available. I notice they still advertise Terradome 2 on the front page. I'll price the morphs for that. I feel sick I didnt pick up SWAT XO for 5 bucks cuz it's at DAZ now for twice the price. Really?
Unfortunately Rob, Terradome 2 is not available. There's only 2 addon products for it still in the store, otherwise I would've grabbed it.

quietrob

Extraordinary
Thanks Dreamer. We're all still trying to figure out what's in the store(Well I am anyway) Seeing what's for sale and maybe pick up a steal like those plants or something we've thought about. It's easy to miss stuff so if you drop by RDNA and see something good, let us know!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
There's still quite a few older items which may be retired after the store closes. Stuff by vendors who have a;ready moved most of their stores over. I just picked up a number of plants which I didn't have, and they were all things with Traveler, Moduluz, TransPond, and PropsClub as vendor names. I suspect that they are pretty old, but I didn't have them.

I didn't go through the whole store with any close attention. I suspect that I've got most of what I'm likely to use. But plants that weren't in the Real Deal or Deep Freeze collections are something that I hadn't taken advantage of before. And at that, there are likely to be some things that I had simply missed.
Yeah, some of Traveler's plants are worth the investment. I need to get all of his underwater stuff. I need to check that sale out myself!

And Star's Sailor Suit!!

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I have such a long list of Traveler's plants/grass/trees, I'm not sure there's anything left I haven't got.

quietrob

Extraordinary
Will do, just hoping I can clear my wishlist before it all goes byebye

Good Luck. I went through there and it looks like the aftermath of a going out business furniture sale down to the blinking lights. Whole categories missing. wiring showing. It's pretty bad. I think after the plants I won't go back. It's just too sad. I really liked that place as the third alternative.

quietrob

Extraordinary
It wasn't just the items. Having that third alternative kept prices down due to competition and spurred more creativity. You might see a derivative of an item such as Terradome, done a little differently and perhaps better suited to your want on another site. Freedoms perhaps curtailed at one site would be allowed at another. No one really likes Flame Wars between DAZ and Poser but each side could push the other to do better and keep prices down as a result.

I have the Millennium Horse 1. It looks great with CWRW textures. As good as any other horse made. I have the Millennium Horse 2 and it imports nicely with DSON into Poser, my renderer of choice. But I still bought the Hivewire Horse. It's the only one that has a high quality saddle. I've made due with lesser saddle and some retexturing on my part. I bought that Harry the Horse because while I wanted the best horse, I was able to watch the saddle construction from beginning to end and because I want Hivewire to succeed. Hivewire succeeding also means I don't have to use a renderer that I don't want nor feel like I'm not wanted as I often do while visiting DAZ.

My two cents for what it's worth. Forgive my digression. Here is some homemade anime from my comic to pay for said digression. I now return to you your thread.
Hiro The Hero A.jpg

TMD64

Inspired
I've been watching this thread almost from the very start but have never posted here.

I'd like to say that all the items look great and I look forward to getting them.

I've wanted to contribute something to this project and NapalmArsenal gave me an idea that I thought I could do, the Holy Hand Grenade. It still needs to be UV Mapped and then some textures, done in MC6 as that would work in both Poser and Daz Studio. The current textures are just MatZones. When completed I'll post it over at ShareCG.

Hope you like it.

HHG.png

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Welcome TMD64! Glad you've now made official contact! Nice.

"Holy Hand Grenade!!"

Also, great comment quietrob. Thanks.