• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

A Place to lay my head...

eclark1894

Visionary
I really like this teapot and teacup set. I even put tea and lemon in it. I textured so you can simply make it disappear if you want an empty cup. Or I can just put in an extra empty cup.:sneaky:

Wonder if it could get past Hivewire's QAV as a standalone item? At least now I know how to make a Studio version.

teaset.png

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
If you made a little milk jug and a sugar bowl, you'd have a really nice package. I do like your cup and saucer too.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
I really like this teapot and teacup set. I even put tea and lemon in it. I textured so you can simply make it disappear if you want an empty cup. Or I can just put in an extra empty cup.:sneaky:

Wonder if it could get past Hivewire's QAV as a standalone item? At least now I know how to make a Studio version.

View attachment 7315

It's a very nice set. I'd say a couple texture options would likely make it viable for sale on it's own.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I have to agree. Lorraine's suggestion for the milk/creamer and sugar bowl is a nice way to round it out, and GG's correct, having more than one texture option makes it more versatile.

BTW, I like those stripped references Pen linked to as well.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Yep...I agree with gadget girl and Lorraines suggestions. Maybe even a tray to put them on...like when you have a fancy afternoon tea.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
A tray would be really nice to go with it. But not a china tray, they are as slippery as all hell and make your tea set carrying precarious. A nice wooden or silver tray with sides.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
A friend of mine has that exact tray, so I know how nice it looks, and it's a nice size to fit a bunch of things on.

I like the wood in contrast to the porcelain/china of the teapot, teacups and saucers. ;)

eclark1894

Visionary
I spent most of Sunday making Dawn a handbag. When I get home from work today, I'll either model the tray you guys are requesting or the sugar and creamer bowls. The roof was the last major modeling job on the house itself. All that's left is to clean up the mesh on the doors, and get them all working opening and closing, and making sure that everything that needs to be is textured properly.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I always think making the model is the fun part...tidying it up and setting it up in the program is the hard part.

eclark1894

Visionary
Actually, for me everything but the texturing is fun. I've been modeling something every day this month, and when I wasn't I was posing figures.