• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

13th Annual Songbird Remix Open Rendering Season Contest

Szark

Awesome
Yeah I noticed that in the Media section is states 1200 x 511 res when I uploaded it at 2000 x 851

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
It's possible it resized it because of a limit? I've never uploaded anything that large so don't know. I would think there would be a warning if it was too large.

Ohhhhh, wait . . . I think Satira does that because there IS a limit to the size in the Media galleries. I seem to remember her once stating she had to do that before they could be added to the appropriate galleries.

Miss B

CV-BEE
the size limit stated in the first post is 2000sq hence me mentioning it. :)
Oh, I'm sure the size is within the regulations, I just think it's not the size the galleries accept. I don't think the judges for the Annual Open Rendering Season Contest view the entries here on our site. They may very well get the full sized images to view off-site, so they would see them full size.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Judges see/get the submitted images. Submittable allows an export of submitted images, which I think is what Ken sends the judges. The images do get zipped in an export though.

Galleries have a size limit per image which is less than submission requirements. According to the media upload page, the current limits are:

Max. dimensions 1,600px x 1,600px​
Max. file size 1 MB​

Consequently, everything submitted gets resized with Picassa 3 before I can upload the submissions. Some files need a second run through Picassa. Of course, I don't realize those need a second run through until I try adding them to the gallery and the upload fails.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Judges see/get the submitted images. Submittable allows an export of submitted images, which I think is what Ken sends the judges. The images do get zipped in an export though.

Galleries have a size limit per image which is less than submission requirements. According to the media upload page, the current limits are:

Max. dimensions 1,600px x 1,600px​
Max. file size 1 MB​

Consequently, everything submitted gets resized with Picassa 3 before I can upload the submissions. Some files need a second run through Picassa. Of course, I don't realize those need a second run through until I try adding them to the gallery and the upload fails.
This is pretty much what I thought, though I wasn't sure what the maximum dimensions, and file size, were.

Szark

Awesome
thanks for clarifying but I wasn't bothered to be honest. I just found it strange. Anyhoo I hope others take up the challenge and enter. Again being honest I only entered to support Ken. :)

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
This is pretty much what I thought, though I wasn't sure what the maximum dimensions, and file size, were.

Sorry for being late on chiming in... I have all the entries in the folder in the sizes they were submitted. The judges usually look at the contest gallery to get an idea of what has been entered. The gallery helps them to narrow down their final choices. They know I have larger versions available and sometimes do ask to see them when making their final choices.

This years judges so far include Audubon's Digital Campaigns, Major Gift and the Land and Water Conservation directors.