• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP MEC4D - Creations for Dawn 2 and Dusk 2 , work in progress

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Yep, those were the eyes missed from P13, definitely a game changer for many (you don't want to know how many renders I wasted until I'm finally happy with the mishmash of shaders i got, courtesy of many threads over at Rendo).
Skin looks just the right balance between dewy and dry, beautiful.

AC got fixed last night finally, just in time for today to be 103. I can think now, yay!
The eyes are missed also in DS , Genesis do not have volumetric IOR eyes either what if course makes the eyes flat when render from the side .
AVA got fully PBR eyes that why limbal ring is created automatic based on light position and strength of it as with real eyes .

The skin is complex , you need to start with a perfect brightness of the main color textures , the roughness don't exist in real world , that are the surface that creates roughness, but we can't just throw 35 millions of poly to render so proper normal maps or displacement are nesesery . There is also thing like the proper scale , bump maps created from color textures are no no .. it will not influence the SSS much .. the point of SSS is to simulate the height and lower levels in skin , so as you saw the pores are reddish in color on lower elevation to simulate the epidermis . If you have good shape and skin details the texture itself can be simply blurred colors for tone simulation .
Also PBR skin should react to different sizes of area light and ambient light so you don't have to adjust it each time .. the dewy effect can be increased by adding smaller area light , or less dewy by tendering in soft box lighting .

It is like flash light photography vs outside on s cloudy day .

There is so many misinformations in the forum and people plug the wrong things in the wrong nodes , even the Poser documentation regarding the shaders is very wrong especially Cycles root shaders .
However Cycles root shader and nodes are very powerful in Poser 13 , and allows you for a great control that I can't get in DS to that degree unless I go to shader mixer and use MDL block ( nodes)only . And that is not easy task .

If I plug normal textures used to render in Firefly to my AVA shader it will be just glowing blob . Especially if there is different light informations across the textures ..so the approach is different, more simple actually , for that reason I don't do Photo textures anymore as it is not really usable in PBR rendering unless you remove all the shadows and lights information and leave no more than 65% of it at maximum .
For that reason magic skin shader for all don't exist as it depends very much on the source color textures .

I just removed over 5GB of test renders today .. the only thing I dislike that I have to render each time I make any adjustment and not real time rendering ..

DanaTA

Distinguished
I hope your DS versions are very good, as usual, because I only have Posere 2010, and have decided not to upgrade it any further...I just don't get it as much, and it's too much money for me. Even DS is so different now that I have to relearn some things and struggle to find what I need/want. I've been out of it for quite a while and I fumble around like it's new to me. :confused: I'm 70, and don't have the motivation to learn everything all over again. Learning Iray lighting is enough.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I hope your DS versions are very good, as usual, because I only have Posere 2010, and have decided not to upgrade it any further...I just don't get it as much, and it's too much money for me. Even DS is so different now that I have to relearn some things and struggle to find what I need/want. I've been out of it for quite a while and I fumble around like it's new to me. :confused: I'm 70, and don't have the motivation to learn everything all over again. Learning Iray lighting is enough.
I was worry Poser version would be not as good , but I took my time to make it happens, it actually motivated me even more and I am glad I did , the good things with PBR is , it works everywhere with the same principles.
70 is the new 50 Dana !

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Looks fabulous Cath! As always!

Side note.... : I thought that Dawn 2 was going to be released on the 17th or thereabouts?

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Looks fabulous Cath! As always!

Side note.... : I thought that Dawn 2 was going to be released on the 17th or thereabouts?
Thank you Rich .. sorry , it is up to Rendo and their story agenda , but I don't think it will take any longer .. Chris probably gonna make official announcement very soon ahead of the release .

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Poser 13 Upgrade (from 11 or 12) is finally on sale for $77. I had it atop my wishlist in case this happened (it didn't discount 50% when the rest of the store did). Unfortunately, I'm Saving All My Love for D2.
Plus, D2 is gonna need someone to talk to/walk with, since I don't do pin-ups; so, she'll need to hang out in D|S.
$77 is not much .. you definitely needs at least P13 to run AVA at full potential in Poser ... Or DS for your liking ..
I will not make P12 products, it is outdated already and half stuff works that I need , so makes no sense to waste time on that plus the SSS is horrible for my liking .

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Drat. Was looking forward to playing with this. I had though D2 was P11+
D2 Base yes , AVA is not because her PBR skin shaders do not works in early versions . They are simply not available . You can still use the AVA morphs but the textures are not made to work in that kind of engine .

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
For those interested, Poser 12 is on sale for mere $25 at Humble Bundle. Not the latest version, but it's dirt cheap. If you have an older version, this is your chance to upgrade.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Sunday Funday , I came across my old Zbrush D2 project folder from 2 years ago .. little add on for after AVA release , of course W.I.P

You know what they saying "Realism is overrated, Reality is not " ;)

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-07-21 175339.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-07-21 175339.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 48
  • Screenshot 2024-07-21 175202.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-07-21 175202.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot 2024-07-21 174827.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-07-21 174827.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 49
  • Screenshot 2024-07-21 174624.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-07-21 174624.jpg