• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
More Nursoda oldies.

Malik and Mona, and the Swamp Shack Jug Band
Malik and Mona and the Swamp Shack Jug Band.jpg

Doc M. Jackson
doc-mj.jpg

SLON-DANCE.jpg

SLON-HORN-SECTION.gif

skylab

Esteemed
...and the Bong Band :) The first one, the Bong bass player, was for Music2u4u on the DAZ forum...since his pic was like that, very long hair and a hat.

bong bass.gif

bong lead guitar.gif

bong guitar.gif

bong keyboard.gif

bong drums.gif

skylab

Esteemed
...and the Flisch Blue Man Band. Flisch was the last character released while we were on the DAZ forum. All of the threads were gone within days after his release. I remember someone commented that he reminded them of the Blue Man Group...and after googling it, I put together a Blue Man Band.

FLISCH blue guitar.jpg

FLISCH-BLUE-MAN-BAND.jpg

flisch-point-animation.gif

skylab

Esteemed
This video is interesting...the Blue Man Group has a session with Japanese Kodo drummers. It goes without saying that one has to be in good physical condition to do this. I was given a drum set at the time of my retirement, for use to strengthen my legs, and within a couple of years I had progressed to being able to play a five or six song set (around 45 minutes) without stopping, but then my strength started declining during a two year battle with cancer, including two surgeries, so it would take steady determination now to reach the pre-surgery level of strength. But I can still enjoy and appreciate good drumming :)

skylab

Esteemed
I learned a nice trick (which is probably common knowledge to anyone familiar with the material room) while messing with Thing in a box, that is, the wonderful use of complete transparency on stuff on an .obj not needed in a scene. I really like 1971s stuff on Rendo, but it creates problems having electrical lights displayed on a building for historical or biblical renders...but, since the lights have their own mats, I was able to make them disappear completely, and the window glasses are replaced with wood like the door. Original house, which is beautifully done, is here, with altered version below.

HOUSE-withTRANSPARENCY.jpg

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I'm having a great time looking at this thread! Great job ladies! If I ever get done rendering these movies I might come up with a couple.

Linda B

Extraordinary
The more the merrier Janet!

Yay for me! Hubby has now completed my craft area in extra bedroom. Now I just have to put all the stuff away. So I'll be out of here most of the day. I have a LOT of stuff! :D

skylab

Esteemed
This an oldie called "Chained to a Morning Person"...this was for a co-worker who used to arrive to work every morning extremely cheerful and talkative, before the rest of us could keep up with it...haha.

HEIN-and-DOC.jpg