• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

Charles West

Adventurous
Hi Charles! Good to hear form you. :D

Glad to be back. I am learning how to fix things... have a strange error in the log
WARNING: libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
but it doesn't say where.
I fixed the original emotiguy that had a line 127 error ... took out a bone error that comes with emo. Now I need to fix all the morph.cr2 files to remove same error.

Terre

Renowned
Charles, I'm very glad to hear the wife is doing better. I was wondering about the two of you about a week ago, hoping that things were improving.

Charles West

Adventurous
Well off to the Doctors for the wife today. If the blood thickness test is good it will mean 30 days before the next visit... cant wait for the 3mos gap again. Hope all have a great day.

Charles West

Adventurous
Back home and wife is napping. We stopped at local Waffle House for breakfast and took a tour of the Dollar Store. Doc visit not great but not bad... blood a little thin so we can have more greens for supper tonight and have to go back in 2 weeks. Someone asked me if I was working on lray stuff for Emotiguy. I wonder if I should call that mapping Lemote. I would have to change the bump maps because using the one I have is way to weird in Lray.The like the second one so I guess if I take out the hair look from the map and leave in the date and coin ridge. Let me know any of your ideas.

Charles
beachcoins.jpg girl coin.jpg coinsurprise.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Charles...good to see you again. Sounds like your wife is having to watch vitamin K intake in order to balance with the thinner dose. I'm glad that overall she sounds stronger. You appear to be busy again with your emoti-characters...some cute ideas. :) Glad you found time to stop by and let us know how you're doing. Hang in there :)

Charles West

Adventurous
Hi Sky. We are watching the intake and trying to get back to clinical 3 months between visits. Tylenol is an offender and we are trying to find our sneak fix for it. I am trying to monitor it closely and find out how much K to add if she needs to keep her to that 2.5 number. I have pretty well got the morphs fixed. Still one of the shapes that have an eyelid problem. Next part of the project the bump maps and Skins. It might be a struggle for my own enjoyment but I can always hope. Props come after that. I will have to learn to make a 3 bone sign pole. so the stop sign can look afraid of oncoming traffic. Poses will be the last part of the main project. Find a testing team that have some time to check out the ideas and give me a learning time to convert/rework maps for lray. I want this to be a last ditch effort to revive the old friend and make my first pack to look like the beginner project it was. 1 summer on that one and 1 for this one. I am trying to make a habit to check here and my other site forums every day. Well off to the kitchen to fix something. Good morning all and thanks for the good wishes.

Charles West

Adventurous
It has been a great weekend. I even had time to play with the LRAY for a learning experience. Doubled the size of the map and inverted the colors. Tweaked the settings a bit and got some decent results on this attempt. Yes Deb and I are fans of the show and watch every Fri/Sat.

Attachments

• gold badge.jpg
    gold badge.jpg
    222.7 KB · Views: 145

Charles West

Adventurous
Good Afternoon Terre. Just spent 2 hrs rendering my first attempt to use one of my mats and a converted texture mats to look as I imagine. The shell morph seemed to be an interesting choice. The badge used only a texture mat. This one uses both. It was after midnight last night with the resets and partial renders so I waited till a break of time today to render. I hope you enjoy and thinking of calling this render 'Ooops I thought it was Gas!'

Attachments

• LRAY_Shell_oops.jpg
    LRAY_Shell_oops.jpg
    580.8 KB · Views: 155

Charles West

Adventurous
Learning settings and trying to pack all the new info in this old brain. Now I need to set up the file directory and rework all I have created so far. The new studio has so many new controls... I hope to save it in a poser acceptable. Is Iray available for use in Poser? I hope to have a test zip with the starting files and will have to call on the poser emotiguy.obj in my completed zip. I am too far along not to switch it over to its own directory to make the zip easier to put together. I hope all are having a good week.

Charles

Attachments

• gold_Iray_badges.jpg
    gold_Iray_badges.jpg
    338.9 KB · Views: 162