• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED HiveWire Dog Is Underway

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
I can like only once! Wish I could hit that button more, this is becoming an awesome dog.

*starts list of various pose-sets for dog.....dachshund poses, labrador poses, racing poses for whippet...hopes someone creates a leash....uhmmm...*

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
First pass at making puppy texture overlays, shown over chocolate lab base texture.

PuppyWIP03.jpg

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
First pass at making puppy texture overlays, shown over chocolate lab base texture.

View attachment 31132
Not a dog owner but curiosity drives this question. Do unweaned, breast/teat feeding new born pups have teeth?
For some reason I want to believe no but as I said I just have no idea.
Can you show the proportions of this cutie next to a full grown momma dawg?

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Puppy teeth erupt starting at about 2 weeks of age, and are usually completely in by about 8-10 weeks old. The incisors often come in first, followed by the canine teeth and the premolars, although there can certainly be some normal variation between individuals. The have 28 compared to Adults 42 (on average, this number can vary).

Sparky

Monster Maker
Contributing Artist
Not a dog owner but curiosity drives this question. Do unweaned, breast/teat feeding new born pups have teeth?
For some reason I want to believe no but as I said I just have no idea.
Can you show the proportions of this cutie next to a full grown momma dawg?

The puppy in the wip is a representation of a 2 week old puppy, when the teeth start coming in and the eyes open. I intend to also have a super newborn version with closed eyes and no teeth as well. I've raised lots of puppies, so I have vivid memories of skunk breath, super sharp baby teeth and watery, baby blue eyes. ;-)

I'm still playing around with the scale, I think the final version will be a little smaller than this, but it's a start. ^.^

PuppyWIP04.jpg

Eota

Inspired
Amazing work, you guys! This guy is coming together beautifully. Out of curiosity, Chris, do you think the dog will have morphs to curve/straighten the back or curve the head/nose profile up and down (like Harry's nose and forehead curve and back up/down features), or is that too much on top of the (considerable) work you guys already have to do?

You ladies and gents are really bringing this guy to life more and more every time I see him! Thanks for all your hard work!

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
The puppy in the wip is a representation of a 2 week old puppy, when the teeth start coming in and the eyes open. I intend to also have a super newborn version with closed eyes and no teeth as well. I've raised lots of puppies, so I have vivid memories of skunk breath, super sharp baby teeth and watery, baby blue eyes. ;-)

I'm still playing around with the scale, I think the final version will be a little smaller than this, but it's a start. ^.^

View attachment 31163
Thank you dear for the render. Looking forward to seeing more as it develops.