• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do
Dark Stars - pages excerpt 1
A page excerpt from a comic
Caption
TITLE: "Dark Star - Page Excerpt"
MEDIA: "Pencil Pages"
YEAR: 1991
BACKGROUND:
This is a single page excerpted from a series of Sci-Fi works I was undertaking at the time, called "Dark Stars". It was a mixed genre concept involving super-hero style beings and creatures in a very sci-fi setting (something that has become quite commonplace in anime over the last two decades). The original page is pencils only, and was never fully finalized, inked, or lettered. The Panel flow may not seem obvious at first, but the gist of the story segment for this part is: an intruder has scragged the life support apparatus, the unlucky guy sent to check on it is killed, and his shipmates go hunting...but they are actually the prey.

A scan of a very old work I did, back in High School. This image was created using Entirely a No. 2 Hard Lead pencil. It was rendered on a medium tooth drawing surface, Bristol board 2-ply, 11.5x14 inch. The entire piece took me only a few hours to complete. This is a scan from a reduction of the orriginal. It was rescanned many times, and even after post processing I was unable to get all of the grays to show up smoothly, and some of the detail of the original was lost. This is the best of the lot of scans, perhaps at some later time I will attempt to scan it yet again...or when I get a decent digital camera I will snapshot the orriginal.

I was torn between putting this in Scraps or in my main gallery, but I decided to put it in the main, as there are few representations of my sequentials.
There are no comments to display.

Media information

Album
Science Fiction
Added by
KageRyu
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings

Image metadata