• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks guys.

I had made both eye textures ages ago using CWRW textures and I think my foal's eye looks very similar (darker version) of the eyes Laurie has done for Whisper.

luannemarie

Busy Bee
Title: Equine Fire and Ice
equine elements 101az.jpg

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Nice Luannemarie, it reminds me of the crystal horses my mum got me when I was a child :)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
OK, need help, well inspiration really! :p

I loved this when I first set it up but because my computer sucks big time it wouldn't render with the background I had, so I had to make it as simple as possible.

Now I've lost inspiration because it looks nothing like I envisioned, or how it looked before I had to start taking things out and changing shaders etc.

I haven't really done postwork before (except to add a mane or add stock images as backgrounds etc), I know it needs grass strands added, especially around the foal on its back etc, but have no idea where to start :(

Just probably going to abandon it, but thought I'd ask for suggestions :)

the herd.jpg
(thumbnail, click to view larger)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well, since you've used stock images as backgrounds before, how about you render the background you wanted separately, and the composite IT with the horses and ground.

I had to do that with an Artistic Render I did for the first pack of Napalm Arsenal's texture sets for Lisa's DayLily, because the lighting I was using for the flowers, wasn't working with the ground and portion of the building I had in the scene. I had to render each with different lighting, and then composite them in Photoshop to get the look I wanted.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
My first pure 3Delight render. (I've never been happy when any I've done before and usually do an Iray one as well and overlay them together.) Also one of the few where I've done a postwork mane (using CWRW's wonderful packs).
View attachment 2561
Is quite large so i made it a Thumbnail, just click to view bigger :p
Love it and what a great idea overlaying an IRay and 3delght version. I will have to try that out.

Lovely render Luannemarie!

@Rae...it's a good start grass would be a good start. I'm not very good with postwork...

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
That's what I had to do with a couple of other pieces I've done Miss B, but the base of this won't render for me at all, except what you can see (and that looks nothing like what it looked like originally :D) Maybe the scene isn't compatible with my computer (wouldn't surprise me)

haha Pen, that's why I try to get everything right before rendering :D
Overlaying both versions have been great for me (you just need to make sure the shadows match). I was finding 3Delight wasn't realistic enough for me and Iray was too grainy so combining them seemed to work great.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I can see how that would work with the right blend mode in PS...I sometimes duplicate the render and then use filter's and blend modes to give a different look to it. I like to see what I can get purely from the program where possible but sometimes it just not possible to get the result you want. I remember a guy who had a thread where he started with just the background and added in additional figures through rendering them separately and postwork he added a huge amount of characters to this render and it was just amazing to watch his progress...

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Gorgeous renders everyone!!

FL wow amazing!!!

Rae love your Appy foal!!

I hope you folks are feeling better!!

luannemarie awesome render!! Are those glass shaders or liquids?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks...even if I could model the tail though I wouldn't know how to rig it. I have a mermaid tail for Dawn that I have the same issue with. One day...

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
The Western Tack was worth waiting for! Everything about it is amazing! The highly poseable reins are FANTASTIC!

All of the following, quality products are available here at HiveWire3D!

HiveWire Horse by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & CWRW
HiveWire Draft Horse by CG Cubed, Christopher Creek Art & CWRW
Western Tack for the HiveWire Horse by CG Cubed, Christopher Creek Art, CWRW & Fab3d

Dawn Special Edition by CG Cubed, Christopher Creek Art, Lisa Botanical's, Sarsa & Virtual World
Dawn's Mid Length Hair by CG Cubed, Christopher Creek Art & Lisa Botanical's
HiveWire 3D Cowboy Hat by ChristopherCreek Art & CGCubed
Native American Beadwork for the HW3D Cowboy Hat by Flint_Hawk
Dawn's Tank Top by Christopher Creek Art & Sarsa
Dawn's Skinny Jeans by Christopher Creek Art & Sarsa
CWRW Classic Denim for Dawn & Dusk Skinny Jeans by CWRW

No Greater Love
No Greater Love.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Beautiful! Beautiful! Absolutely Beautiful!

Do you get the impression I really like this? :D I fell in love with the tan hand tooled leather texture as soon as I saw it. Reminded me of a hand tooled leather purse I bought down in Mexico many years ago.

Great work Flint, as usual. ;)

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Good looking pony you have there Flint!!

I love the hat band!! It just set the whole scene off and picks up the shirt and the blanket on that fantastic saddle!!! .......... Yes, stop drooling............ magnificent saddle ......... Drool!

Wish I had one of those IRL!