• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Superhero for Dawn

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Here's Queen Bee. I made hexagonal wings to bring that bee hive feel into the crest. I think this is enough options for emblems and buckle details for now. Time to go for the tedious joint adjustments on the gloves, and then fixing all the body morphs. :)

Bee Test.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
@Pendraia: Hehe parenting would be simple enough, and it would work fine until we dial a morph. Parented props won't follow morphs. :) BTW, that last mask on the right is actually the cowl with hair on top. It helps illustrating that it can have different looks depending on how we use it. ^^

Ok, here are belt buckles as conforming figures. The one at the bottom is the built-in bat buckle morph dialed to "1". I have tested them, and they do stay in place when Dawn is posed - nothing to worry about there. The buckle emblems are independent and can be individually applied and colored or textured. They share the same UVs as the chest emblems, so if you make a material for one, it will also work on the other.

View attachment 2462
Wow...this is going to be really useful...love the buckles so far...

Here's what I came up with for Moth Girl, emblem and buckle detail. Someone could think it's a butterfly because of the simplification, but the proportions would be different. Now back to the board for the Queen Bee.

View attachment 2488
I love that there are associations with the hive...I'm thinking she should be called something like Queen Bee doesn't have the double d but it has a nice ring.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Oh yes, I have think of ways to rig the cape, but I will provide the dynamic one as well. ^^

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh yes, I have think of ways to rig the cape, but I will provide the dynamic one as well. ^^
Glad to hear it Ken, as now that I've been working more with dynamics, I'm liking it for items like this cape, which need to fold nicely depending on the character's pose.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@icedragonart: Thanks! It started as just a cowl. ^^

@Miss B: I am glad more people are finally starting to use dynamics. Softbody dynamics are there too, but that's more for animations. ^^

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Spent the afternoon adjusting glove joints, and came up with a Crimson Foxie test render. Good for a change.

CrimsonFoxy_1200.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thank you! The gloves in the render are actually brand new. The old ones had some intersection between fingers, which makes rigging impossible, so I have modeled new ones instead of fixing it. ;p

AetherDream

Breathing Life into Characters
Contributing Artist
Thanks Pen! Before the gloves' tedious joint adjustments, here goes the DRAGON emblem I've just modeled, and also notice the belt shape when partially dialed from bat to oval - kinda interesting shape. :)

Thanks to AD again for the emblem suggestions! ^_____^=b

View attachment 2411

Wow Ken this just rocks my fuzzy socks!!! I love what you have done and the dragon emblem is so freaking awesome, love the fox too. I can hardly wait to get my grubby little paws on this!

Also, the bee is so coo--I guess she can be our Hivewire Superhero!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
The gloves in the render are actually brand new. The old ones had some intersection between fingers, which makes rigging impossible, so I have modeled new ones instead of fixing it. ;p
Sometimes creating from scratch is sooooo much easier than trying to fix something that's not quite right.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Sorry to hear that you had to redo them Ken but sometimes it so much easier to go back and start again.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I've managed to rig the cape as a conforming figure. It conforms to the chest, neck, and shoulders, and then there is a separate bone to control movement for the rest of it, with the usual bend, side-side, and twist controls. Here's a pose to test it. The original parented prop version is still there for those who prefer dynamic cloth. Here you can also see the final rigging for the gloves in use.

DragonGirl_640.jpg