• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Superhero for Dawn

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thank you, Rokket! It's coming along with the much appreciated community feedback! ^^

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@Rokket: Thanks! I use 3DSMAX, mostly with traditional box modeling. But I think logos in particular are easier to make with spline modeling, and that's what I've used here.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
There is an actual section for discussing 3D modeling applications that might provide better information about this --> Software Discussion | HiveWire 3D Community and people can also start new threads on specific software. For example, there is a thread for Blender, but none for 3DSMax, Hexagon, or Silo. People who want to learn the specifics could benefit from posting questions and sharing information over there. :)

AetherDream

Breathing Life into Characters
Contributing Artist
I don't know why, but I am such a sucker for superhero stuff. I am already thinking up some freebie textures I could do for this one that would make it sort of like modified versions of some of my old favorites from DC and Marvel. I love that Batgirl is pretty much built into this one.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@AetherDream It started as Batgirl, and now is expanding to something more. This could easily turn into female Flash, Dare Devil and others. ^^

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'm loving the Queen Bee option! (well, I'm loving all the options to be truthful :p)

A Drone Dusk on the way? :whistling: hehehe

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm watching this thread to see what other goodies you come up with for it. ;)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@Rae134 Thank you! I can think of something for Dusk later on. ^^

@Miss B So far I already have 17 geometries to work with, where each has to be rigged and support morphs. I still have some color sets to define, and perhaps some normal maps. Enough work for quite a while! ^^

LeoLee

Enthusiast
Contributing Artist
Hi Ken, she looks great as a classic Batgirl!
I've made a pack of superhero poses for Dawn that I hope to realease soon. Some might fit nice on her.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@LeoLee Thanks, that's good news!

I am adding lots of body morphs support. Below is Body Builder and Emaciated. With so many morphs and geometries, there is still a lot of clean up to do. ^^

Test Morphs.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thanks, Sanbie! These morphs are good examples because are opposite extremes. Emaciated Dawn looks like a zombie. LOL