• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP Dusk Skeleton In Progress

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
More progress today. I have the Fibula roughed in pretty well at this point.

Skull211.JPG

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Except on Bones, where you see skeletons every episode, though most often cleaned and spread out on a table.

Good thing since the show is named Bones :wink:
I thought it was because it was her nickname. ;)

I also saw an episode like that on NCIS, where they found the remains of several people in one mausoleum drawer. They had to clean them, and then spread them out on separate tables, in order to figure out just how many bodies they had found.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
so the knee bone hasn't been made yet? @Chris - realized that for ME the skeleton bones would help me post-work correct areas like when the texture stretches over BENT KNEES in render, so I can see where to paint/shape the knee in different positions... when you finish the Dusk one, would it work with Dawn for knees?

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
so the knee bone hasn't been made yet? @Chris - realized that for ME the skeleton bones would help me post-work correct areas like when the texture stretches over BENT KNEES in render, so I can see where to paint/shape the knee in different positions... when you finish the Dusk one, would it work with Dawn for knees?

Still need to model Patella, that is correct. Will need to fit it to Dawn after.

eclark1894

Visionary
Chris, just wondering.... is this skeleton fully intact? OR are the bones separate and you can put them together? That would make a great game or educational learning aid. Kind of like the Operation Game.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Chris, just wondering.... is this skeleton fully intact? OR are the bones separate and you can put them together? That would make a great game or educational learning aid. Kind of like the Operation Game.

The bones are probably all together if you want them to be rigged into a posable figure, BUT you can always get then split into individual bones in a 3D modeling application of your choice.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
If you are a patient sort you can separate them yourself can't you by exporting separate bones out as .obj files and reassemble as needed or use the individual parts as needed.

eclark1894

Visionary
Well, judging solely by what I see in the WIP images Chris has posted, I believe the rib cage, at least, is one solid object. But if I have to start breaking the skeleton apart, I'd be changing the fundamental structure of the whole thing from how Chris has made it.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Well, judging solely by what I see in the WIP images Chris has posted, I believe the rib cage, at least, is one solid object. But if I have to start breaking the skeleton apart, I'd be changing the fundamental structure of the whole thing from how Chris has made it.
Well what I have done on an as needed basis is not break the chest cavity parts up or the individual foot and hand bones etc but arms and legs and skull (even removing the lower jaw and teeth for just the skull because low res versions would jut not work for my needs) and once i did the spinal column for an image. I don't need to re-create moving figure but just stand alone parts of the figure to fill a scene. That was grueling but as I have said not knowing how to create my own stuff or learning inabilities to try and make adjustments to existing meshes in advanced 3d apps, this method has afforded me a semblance of getting what I might need.
If they were available in system I would use those items I could but not a lot of this kind of mesh is available.

Speedr8cer5

Looking forward to seeing your progress on this Chris. Since I am currently wrestling with some back issues this has caught my intrest!