• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP HiveWire Wolf Has Begun!

Eota

Inspired
Put the Lion Mane on the Wolf... JUST...View attachment 19141 View attachment 19142 View attachment 19143 to see what can possibly be done without the fiber or strand based hair.
I know I haven't posted much, but I had to drop in to say how gorgeous your work on this wolf (and, really, all your animals) is! I agree that the AM Wolf 2.0 is the best one out there for us at the moment, and a spectacular model in its own right, but while the general look and especially the fur are incredibly impressive, the rigging is a bit limited and the morphs don't allow for much customization (outside of exporting to a sculpting program), which is one of the things I have the most fun with about 3D models. I think Chris has shown that he has effective, attractive workarounds for fur and hair effects, and certainly you can add your own fiber hair with Poser or LAMH, but no commercial artist I've ever seen has as much loving attention to detail and motion in animal models as Chris has shown us, and of course he has amazing artists working with him to make the final result even more spectacular. That said, I still love Wolf 2.0! The effect of the strands of hair is pretty hard to beat, and always look amazing in final renders on all of AM's animals. :) (I also love the wolf with the lion mane- very dramatic and majestic!)

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
You can do Poser dynamic fur. Tiny did this for the Gorilla

Poser Fur for the HiveWire Gorilla - A Tiny Creation at HiveWire 3D

Yeah if you have any brain matter in your brain pan....which anyone in the community has followed any of my posts over the years....I DO NOT....Just Dust and the older I have gotten the dustier it seems to be in there to the point that when i suppress a sneeze I blow it out of my ears! :)
So it has to be mindlessly S.I.M.P.L.E. for dead heads like me which automatically leaves a lot of advanced art creation out of my sphere. Sucks not being able to grasp/learn the more subtle uses like hair and cloth room and morph tools after having used Poser since V. 4.
Puts me in a very uncomfortable position of begging for this and that or just waiting around hoping the dust of desire is breathed in by some creative sort enough to get them to finally create content I covet! :(

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Oh, Carmen - I wasn't suggesting that the users should create Poser dynamic hair, but that hopefully a CA like Tiny (or Tiny herself :)) will create Poser fur for various HW products for the Poser users and someone will create DS hair like LAMH for the DS users.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
The dynamic fur that Tiny has done for the gorilla and the older millennium cat is real easy to use. Just like Alessandro's fur for the LAMH plug in that he does for animals.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
For DS users, there is a free LAMH player. With that, all you need to do is fire it up and apply a preset to the selected model. You can adjust the thickness of the fur (or maybe I mean density) and maybe some other tweaks, but basically that's it. It's pulls up the colors from the original texture map. Generally it's a good idea to pose the model first, because posing it with the fur applied isn't a great idea.
ETA: IF, that is, the plugin decides to cooperate. That's kind of a lottery.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Eota, Alessandro is one of the few that does, other then Chris.
Unfortunately he and Ken are working away at their own critter creations. I think Chris already reached out to Alex but yea.... I'm still waiting with baited breath for LAMH 2 as it will have native iRay code. The work around is not really user friendly as the exported hair as an obj is really system intensive.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Oh, Carmen - I wasn't suggesting that the users should create Poser dynamic hair, but that hopefully a CA like Tiny (or Tiny herself :)) will create Poser fur for various HW products for the Poser users and someone will create DS hair like LAMH for the DS users.
Understood dear but from what little I have looked into the hair room there are a few steps that have to be executed for it to work properly and that is where I fail. Names, Dates, Numbers and sequences are my bane dear and have always been which makes tackling learning curves for....well...ANYTHING!.....difficult for me. So if the hair whatever way it is created does not apply with one click I will not be able to work it too well...no matter how much i want to. Also doesn't dynamic hair greatly increase render times and taxes systems to render?

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Oh no Carmen. Tiny is so good about it, once you pose the gorilla, for instance, you don't even have to go into the hair room! Just go up to the menu at the top and then recalculate dynamics. You don't have to mess with or change a single thing. Tiny even tells you where to go in the readme. No names, dates, numbers, or sequences. In fact you don't even have to recalculate the dynamics at all if you want your gorilla to look all ruffled.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Oh no Carmen. Tiny is so good about it, once you pose the gorilla, for instance, you don't even have to go into the hair room! Just go up to the menu at the top and then recalculate dynamics. You don't have to mess with or change a single thing. Tiny even tells you where to go in the readme. No names, dates, numbers, or sequences. In fact you don't even have to recalculate the dynamics at all if you want your gorilla to look all ruffled.
Oh!? Really!?
OK I gotta rethink this whole affair.
THANK YOU for the info!

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
HI
I am getting a bit frustrated...well more than a little...so mch so my head feels like its ready to exploded.
Been doing a silly search for the Hivewire dog WIP thread and can NOT find it anywhere. I always click on the Notify Me by email in the threads that interest me so I can come back to them but the bot here never seems to do that.
I wanted to ask if there is currently A Yorkshire terrier morph(or similar lap doggie) for the MilDog or if there can be one for the Hivewire dog in the near future.
I have been wanting to do a series of images based on Wizard of OZ and been collecting characters, morphs textures and accessories for quite a while so that when I got everything together I can get started and it seems the only thing on my carefully wrought list is the darn dog TODO.
I guess I could use some other breed for Lap dog but for some reason it rubs me the wrong way doing so. A long time ago there was a similar morph at Renderosity for the MilDog which had morphs for the upstanding fur I would have needed to texture for but I never got it because...of course...I don't know how to UV map and texture! :( SO of course, I passed it up. Though I still don't know how I was thinking of just texturing it with some any texture and "Brushing" it out like Lynn suggests (thank you dear!). But of course it is no longer there. go figure! Soooooo.....I am without a doggie for Dorathy and the project is still on hold.