• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

What Is Your Favorite TV Show?

Netherworks

Enthusiast
Contributing Artist
I enjoy watching:

Supernatural
Stargate (SG-1 and Atlantis)
Fringe
Buffy
Dr Who (not digging on Capaldi though)

I can usually repeat-watch these.

I gravitate to Sci-Fi and Horror but I'll watch anything with characters that I feel have fun interplay with other characters. There usually has to be some quirky or whimsy to keep me entertained.

Also like: The Flash, IZombie, Agents of Shield. Totally willing to watch classic TV as well: Lost in Space, Land of the Giants, UFO, The Avengers, Bonanza, The Rifleman, etc.

Recently enjoyed watching Timeless.

quietrob

Extraordinary
My new list is

How the Universe Works
Gunsmoke
Supergirl
Lakers Basketball
Game of Thrones (Those evil cable people gave us free HBO. That let us binge watch four years at a time. Now we are hooked)
American Football. Soccer is like golf and puts me to sleep while watching. They should add a mechanical shark.
Historical Drama's.

I prefer Zombies to Vampires, thank you very much. Someday I'll binge watch the Walking Dead. I will put Timeless on my list soon. I love Time Travel!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I like time travel too, and have read a large series of books by an author, most of which involved time travel, though they were more paranormal romance than sci-fi.

Lately I'm watching:

NCIS
NCIS Los Angeles (not crazy about NCIS New Orleans though)
Supergirl
Scorpion
Shooter (watched the movie and liked it, but Ryan Philippe is not Mark Wahlberg, though he's not bad)
Designated Survivor (though not sure if I really like it yet, so we'll see)
Incorporated (which starts tonight on both USA and SyFy Networks)
MacGyver (good, but I still prefer the original)
Hawaii 50
Blue Bloods

Oh and there's also all the NCIS, Law & Order, and Law & Order SVU reruns during the afternoons when I'm home. I also catch the original CSI Crime Scene Investigation reruns when I can. ;)

Last edited:

Miss B

CV-BEE
I was thinking the same thing after just watching the debut of Incorporated. Didn't keep my attention at all, and I love sci-fi.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I like designated survivor Miss B...not sure where they are going to take it though.

Lately I've watched the first two episodes of the new season of Vampire Diaries...I like the darker feel to it. (@quietrob, how can you prefer zombies to vampires...all that peeling skin...eew!)

Recently rewatched SG Atlantis, I keep meaning to watch the main version again.

I've also been watching a few of the shows on Netflix like Shetland(Which I really liked), Wallander which I'm still trying to decide if I like it...very angsty.

I've also watched the first two episodes Shooter...which I do like.

D

Deleted member 325

Has anyone heard if the 100 is returning or is it over? I rather was enjoying it.

Netherworks

Enthusiast
Contributing Artist
Of the ones you all recently mentioned, I have watched Supergirl. I don't think I'm enjoying what I've seen in Season 2 as much as I did Season 1. Wasn't too happy when Cat Graham left, that was a great character and Calista nailed it. I do like that it's upbeat, like the Flash, generally. Everything doesn't need to be over dramatic.

Timeless is fairly cool. The thing I like the most is the interplay of the characters, as stated before in my likes, and how spot-on the different time periods look and feel. Costuming and Hair nails it in my opinion. You can punch holes in the time travel aspect of it, but it's science "fiction" here, so I don't worry about it. In fact, spoilers, but the show seems to weave some of the changes/ripples from time travelers interacting with the past, into its mythos, which is interesting.

I do like time travel shows. I've watched the Legends of Tomorrow and have enjoyed some of the episodes. Really liked Primeval. Also enjoy more "wahoo" stuff like Voyagers. I even like Timecop and all the Terminators, even the not-so-good ones (and the series).

D

Deleted member 325

I really liked the first couple of seasons of Primeval. Then it seemed to drift from it's course to me.
Haven't heard of Voyagers in a long time... that was the one with the Watch correct?

eclark1894

Visionary
Of the ones you all recently mentioned, I have watched Supergirl. I don't think I'm enjoying what I've seen in Season 2 as much as I did Season 1. Wasn't too happy when Cat Graham left, that was a great character and Calista nailed it. I do like that it's upbeat, like the Flash, generally. Everything doesn't need to be over dramatic.

Timeless is fairly cool. The thing I like the most is the interplay of the characters, as stated before in my likes, and how spot-on the different time periods look and feel. Costuming and Hair nails it in my opinion. You can punch holes in the time travel aspect of it, but it's science "fiction" here, so I don't worry about it. In fact, spoilers, but the show seems to weave some of the changes/ripples from time travelers interacting with the past, into its mythos, which is interesting.

I do like time travel shows. I've watched the Legends of Tomorrow and have enjoyed some of the episodes. Really liked Primeval. Also enjoy more "wahoo" stuff like Voyagers. I even like Timecop and all the Terminators, even the not-so-good ones (and the series).

My favorite time show of all time was The Time Tunnel. After that, in no particular order was Voyagers, Quantum Leap, and Journeyman.

jonrea

Eager
Contributing Artist
Fave show ever Firefly should not have been cancelled. Love Red Dwarf, Sherlock, Criminal Minds, The IT Crowd, Killjoys, Darkmatter and those are just off the top of my head.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I used to watch Criminal Minds all the time, though lately it's only if I'm channel surfing and there's nothing else on. I kind of lost interest when Mandy Patinkin left the series.

@Pendraia You should catch the Shooter movie if you can. Really good. That will also give you an idea of where the story line is going. I'm interested to see how they stretch it out over a full season, and whether they will have a second season.

eclark1894

Visionary
At the risk of starting a fight, I just don't get Firefly and why people loved it so much. I saw one or two episodes... meh.

jonrea

Eager
Contributing Artist
Nah no fight here, just for me a combination of good old western and space trading game ;) is my fave.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I never saw it the first time around, but caught quite a few episodes when it came out a second time. It was OK, but I didn't like it as much as say, Babylon 5, which I always thought was the best sci-fi show of it's time.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I haven't been posting here in a while, even though it's "my" thread... argh... life ya know...

Just watched new seasons (last one, being the Newest is being shown on TV, now) of :
Poldark (PBS from BBC- outstanding period drama and Aiden Turner... well what can I say? I'm not 'dead yet'... drooling! LOL!)
Outlander - wow! took a great turn in jumping ahead to 1960's!! neat!
Finding Dory MOVIE...and the Pixar short with the baby sand piper - Piper is ADORABLE!!!
The last half of final season of Hell On Wheels about the railroad, gritty, outstanding series from Canada
Heartland season 9 (my horse art came out of that) :)
all the NCIS's and the new Hawaii 5 -O
Scorpion
new shows... really like DARKMATTER too
Flash... season 2 was good, but still a bit more dark then seas 1....wish shows would NOT go dark!!!!!
Supergirl... never expected to be a fan, but I AM!
and the NEW (to DVD) THE LIBRARIANS!!!!! love LOVE love it!! I watched all the movies over again and then watched Season 1... season 2 is coming to DVD in Jan. for me, SO looking forward to it...and I see it's got a 3rd season starting - YAY!!

and so many more, I forget titles...

quietrob

Extraordinary
@eclark1894 I don't know if you live in the USA but if you do and if you have Cable, The Time Tunnel is rerunning every saturday night.

@Pendraia Vampires are despicable in their seduction of young girls and turning others into a Vampires plus you'll never catch me wearing one of those Little Lord Fauntleroy outfits. Plus they killed Kate Beckinsale in Hellsing. I love Kate. Zombies do roughly the same thing but since you have no brain it doesn't seem quite as creepy plus you don't have to wear one of those Lestat foppish outfits! They should pay the Artist better known as Prince a royalty for wearing those clothes.

@Miss B Babylon 5 might've been the best sci-fi show of all time except for the final battle. There was none. Everyone showed up for the show-down but they yak yak'd their way to the ending. I wanted to see Starships blown up! Total Armageddon. Instead, it was "You don't belong here. Hit the road. We cool?" It was reminiscent of TNG when the Borg ship was heading to Earth and engaged Starfleet at Wolf 359 for the epic battle of the century. There was none. Just monumental disappoint at not seeing the battle of the century. It's what the made ending of Deep Space 9 so epic. They delivered. Still, except for that final non-battle, Babylon 5 might just be the best ever. It wasn't a never ending session of depression as a certain remake of a rag tag fugitive fleet turned out to be. Not victories should be Pyrrhic in nature.

And no cop shows. I'm still sick of cop shows.

End of soapbox

eclark1894

Visionary
@eclark1894 I don't know if you live in the USA but if you do and if you have Cable, The Time Tunnel is rerunning every saturday night.

Unfortunately, I work on Saturday night, and they don't allowing streaming.

@Miss B Babylon 5 might've been the best sci-fi show of all time except for the final battle. There was none. Everyone showed up for the show-down but they yak yak'd their way to the ending. I wanted to see Starships blown up! Total Armageddon. Instead, it was "You don't belong here. Hit the road. We cool?" It was reminiscent of TNG when the Borg ship was heading to Earth and engaged Starfleet at Wolf 359 for the epic battle of the century. There was none. Just monumental disappoint at not seeing the battle of the century. It's what the made ending of Deep Space 9 so epic. They delivered. Still, except for that final non-battle, Babylon 5 might just be the best ever. It wasn't a never ending session of depression as a certain remake of a rag tag fugitive fleet turned out to be. Not victories should be Pyrrhic in nature.
I loved Babylon 5 as well. Was also a Star Trek fan. I never liked the Borg anyway, so I always kind of like the way ST:Voyager ended.

Miss B

CV-BEE
What network is it on Rob?

Vampires are despicable in their seduction of young girls and turning others into a Vampires plus you'll never catch me wearing one of those Little Lord Fauntleroy outfits. Plus they killed Kate Beckinsale in Hellsing. I love Kate. Zombies do roughly the same thing but since you have no brain it doesn't seem quite as creepy plus you don't have to wear one of those Lestat foppish outfits! They should pay the Artist better known as Prince a royalty for wearing those clothes.
I never got into Anne Rice's books when they first came out, nor have I read them since then, but I have read a number of books with vampire characters, and don't mind reading about them. There's one series of books I've been reading the past few years, where one of the main characters is half human, half vampire, and she was raised to be a vampire slayer. Very good series, though several of the books are pretty dark, if you know what I mean.

Babylon 5 might've been the best sci-fi show of all time except for the final battle. There was none. Everyone showed up for the show-down but they yak yak'd their way to the ending. I wanted to see Starships blown up! Total Armageddon. Instead, it was "You don't belong here. Hit the road. We cool?" It was reminiscent of TNG when the Borg ship was heading to Earth and engaged Starfleet at Wolf 359 for the epic battle of the century. There was none. Just monumental disappoint at not seeing the battle of the century. It's what the made ending of Deep Space 9 so epic. They delivered. Still, except for that final non-battle, Babylon 5 might just be the best ever. It wasn't a never ending session of depression as a certain remake of a rag tag fugitive fleet turned out to be. Not victories should be Pyrrhic in nature.
What I always found amazing about B5 was, it was all written by a single person. Most TV series have a team of writers, and after a while it gets boring seeing the same theme over, and over, and over again. How he kept the scripts new and different for the 5-6 years it was on, is totally amazing to me.

Deep Space 9 was probably my favorite of the Star Trek series, though I liked Voyager too.[/QUOTE]

There we differ, as I like them, though don't watch them all.

I used to watch Criminal Minds all the time, though lately it's only if I'm channel surfing and there's nothing else on. I kind of lost interest when Mandy Patinkin left the series.
Yes!! I watched it for some more seasons, but Joe Mantegna wasn't the best replacement. Current season I never bothered with (all that drama around Thomas Gibson and the way they solved it) and I stopped watching at the beginning of the last season of CM. I already skipped several episodes in the seasons before....

There we differ, as I like them, though don't watch them all.
Yep, I like them as well - though too many to watch them all.