• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RELEASED Hivewire Big Cat Has Begun!

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Mane effort continue today.

leopard316.JPG
leopard317.JPG
leopard318.JPG

Billie

Motivated
Hello all! I'm Billie.
New here and glad to be on this forum! folks seem so friendly here, and Chris's openness is awesome, not to mention his modeling. Anyway, I was wondering if a Mandrill would be out of the realm of possibilities? I don't know how popular a subject he would be but I Imagine he would be cooler than the Hyena? he is fierce looking and maybe could be a morph from the gorilla, maybe even using the Lion mane? I know I'd buy him in a quarter heartbeat.

By the way, loving your cats, sorely needed, the daz big cat looks a lot like Tony the tiger on my kids cereal box. not good at all. the texture maps are much better than the models.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Can this same build up for the mane also be used to some extent creating long hair animals?
I have seen it done on a TV commercial but never in the Poser community.

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
Can this same build up for the mane also be used to some extent creating long hair animals?
I have seen it done on a TV commercial but never in the Poser community.

A lot of Ken's newer birds use a similar system for the body feathers. The big challenge is UV mapping all of the modelled geometry...

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I bought it years ago from Daz and it only cost me $145 as a pc member. I could never have afforded it otherwise...

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Pixelogic is releasing a consumer level version of the program possibly tomorrow. It's called ZBrush Core, and there's been a pretty fair amount of discussion about it over in the DAZ forums. It won't handle as large a mesh as the full program, and there are bound to be other limitations. But I understand that it's supposed to sell around $149, and pre-release orders from their website are 20% off that.