• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dawn Renders!

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
From the product page:

Special Edition List of Changes from Dawn SR2

• Replaced original Dawn Textures with new textures (will not affect installed original texture files)
  • Replaced Glam Ponytail Hair with Heroine Hair (will not affect installed Glam Ponytail Hair files)
  • Added 3 new Face Morphs
  • Added New Character Preset (Dawn Special Edition Preset)
  • Iray Material presets now included for DAZ Studio for Dawn, Hair and Bikini
  • Includes Autofit Clone (DAZ Studio Version only) for Dusk and Baby Luna Clothing

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
That's a .cute dress Traci. I don't recall seeing it.mo

Did you model the shoes too? Curious minds want to know. ;)

It's the At The Office freebie over at Dana's 3D. Been there for about a year now.

Yeah, the shoes are part of the "Buffy" Kit Bash Kit though I will probably change the front soles a bit - just even them out to the toes and then square off the platform.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
What is this style called?
I think of a toon as Charlie Brown, Bugs Bunny. I was trying for a comic book type, not real, not toon?

View attachment 14848

Is it still called toon?

I'd call it "illustration". 3D mimicking 2D (or, unlife imitates art). That's the (wide) grey zone that most of my own work is aiming for. It isn't *supposed* to convince anyone that it's real, and it is produced by something other than traditional analog art media. It can be further modified by running it through a traditional media art filter in something like Photoshop. I'm particularly fond of the oil painting filters. Can get a very nice Howard Pyle or N.C. Wyeth look to things.

Mind you, you can fall right into the uncanny valley with it, too. Or just plain end up mimicking *bad* art.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
This is Dawn with my CatsEyes character morph, textures and outfit. Rendered in Poser with Superfly. ^___^

Sassy CatsEyes_1200.jpg

CajunBeauty

Adventurous
what is the difference between the two and is the first still available. that is a nice morph.
What I have noticed so far working with the new Dawn SE is she does have a sleeker design. Smoother curves, shadows fall better, morphs come out better 90% of the time even older morphs. SE also comes with Iray materials as well. I also have noticed that she poses better as well. I would say her posing abilities can match those of Genesis 2 Female at Daz. She is an absolute joy to work with though. I do tweak her a little sometimes depending on the image I am working on, but that's just me. Most of the time I can't leave anything alone. I have to tweak it.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
What I have noticed so far working with the new Dawn SE is she does have a sleeker design. Smoother curves, shadows fall better, morphs come out better 90% of the time even older morphs. SE also comes with Iray materials as well. I also have noticed that she poses better as well. I would say her posing abilities can match those of Genesis 2 Female at Daz. She is an absolute joy to work with though. I do tweak her a little sometimes depending on the image I am working on, but that's just me. Most of the time I can't leave anything alone. I have to tweak it.

I agree, CajunBeauty, DawnSE seems to be a more "mature" rig to me. She moves well, she expresses well, and rigging addons for her are really simple (though nothing has changed since SR2).

I enjoy working with Dawn.

Hornet3d

Wise
So many great renders and so little time to comment, it really does show just how flexible Dawn is in more ways than one.

Time to look.jpg

He really was taking his time over his move and they both knew he was just delaying his defeat, not that she minded for a moment, she relished the opportunity to study him up close and personal.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
So If I got the original free Dawn when posted and picked up the newer better version the add-on stuff like hair and textures though different in both figure vrsions, will work interactively on both older and newer versions? Wht out if i got add-on morphs for the newest version wil that work with the original if i decide to use both in my Runtime?
Sorry for seeming stupid with these questions but I have not actually installed either versions and was thinking about it long with Dusk and most especially Luna which I need now for a render set.

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Loving the many faces and styles of Dawn you're all inspired to create and share. Keep them coming! :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
You can also do it in Poser. When testing Diva I tried it on all versions and she worked fine. I also tried the various injections on different versions of Dawn also.

Edited to add you can also use the injections on different characters iirc that's how I got my deidre morph for Luna into Dawn.